Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports FC 25 Review: We Need to Go Back to Formula
The Pain and Misery of Simulated Stats
EA Sports College Football 25 Guides, Explainers, and Tutorials

Old 09-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #417
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Even though I have issues with the size of the players in relation to the court and how when rebounding they basically jump over the rim.

You have to give it to EA for putting out a demo before 2k even gave us gameplay vids
Old 09-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #418
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf00
The truth frustrates you? Because it wasn't a positive review? Yes I do read through it. I'm an intelligent person and have a CS degree and know what good business practices are. Can you honestly tell me what I said there isn't true? So the steal button works as it should? Listen man to me it's a game and no big deal but when you fire back and insult my integrity what do you expect? Yes I read through it and thought about it before I posted it.
Let him Know! EA thinks every body is a 10yr old. Smooth offense, suspect defense. What is the story with does ugly block animations.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #419
Banned

OVR: 11

The game is much improved from last year. I can tell by the controls, it is much tighter and smooth. I also love how you can play defense, I know some of you sim guys don't like it by reading some of the impressions here but for me it is much easier, I like it!

Looks like it's going to be a fun basketball video game to play! Good job NBA Live Team!! It's looking good!

Looking forward to the full game.

peace

Last edited by NEWYORICAN; 09-11-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #420
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf00
That's not what I was saying. That's his opinion. In my opinion he was hyping the game and I don't agree with his opinion. To me he does. We are all wrong sometimes so that's not an insult to him personally. To some people he might be right. To me I don't agree. No big deal. He's had great observations most of the time. He was right in that regard that the ballhandling control in the game is very good. My only issue is the focus of your marketing has been that this game is great when you've been focusing on things that only show that. But you aren't showing the entire story. You are showing what is going to sell games for you. If you guys were putting out the best game possible I wouldn't say that. I just don't buy the hype and I'm not saying there aren't reasons on your end. I'm also not saying is a bad game. It's actually a decent game and very good in certain regards. It's improved but it's noticeable where your focus was. You've been here touting this game as the greatest game to come down the road in who knows when and I just don't agree with that. If yu are going to market the game like that then back it up.
EA has big wallets !!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #421
Pro

OVR: 10

The blocks and steal animations needs to be worked on and tightend. As well as drawing a charge. Coming from 2k9 I wanted to draw a few charges but did know how. I see ALOOOTTT of upside though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #422
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai2k2
The blocks and steal animations needs to be worked on and tightend. As well as drawing a charge. Coming from 2k9 I wanted to draw a few charges but did know how. I see ALOOOTTT of upside though.
pull down on the right stick I believe to try and draw a charge ai.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #423
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmizundastood
Is everyone crazy or is it just me. This demo is terrible. Graphics are very cartoonish, AI is horrible, and every shot seems like it falls. Even ridiculous fade away threes consistently. This game is great for arcade style player and terrible for real sim ballers. The AI defender doesn't respond to dribble moves. They let rebounds that are not immediately in range bounce right by them. Once a live fan, maybe never again I don't know what to say.....Amazing

What demo were you playing? if you don't like the game...sure. But none of that stuff you mentioned appears in the games I played.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:54 PM   #424
MVP

XenoZograscope's Arena

OVR: 15

Just played the demo and WHOA...this game plays so smooth, the controls are very comfortable and the game atmosphere is so spot on. This game is gonna be stupid bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD OF LIFE
idc what you think man, only god can jude me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »