Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports FC 25 Review: We Need to Go Back to Formula
The Pain and Misery of Simulated Stats
EA Sports College Football 25 Guides, Explainers, and Tutorials

Old 09-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #401
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Does the intro (music) not remind anyone of Spider-Man?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #402
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Seems like several of you are having trouble playing defense... so I'm gonna throw this out there.

A couple of guys have mentioned it already, but you really can't play defense in Live 10 like you have in past basketball games. When you're guarding a good ballhandler, you CAN'T crowd him. Learn to gap him and play the angles. Don't reach and just focus on staying in his driving lane. If you have a slower defender, bring help. If you have to, hold RB and let the AI help you get in optimal position. But when the ball handler goes, let go of RB and manually D him up because if he tries to cross you up while you're using Defensive Assist, he probably will.

The last thing... and this one is very important. There's a possibility that there's a bug in the demo that causes the "dribble bumps" to fail on higher difficulty levels. This would manifest itself in the AI being able to slip right past you when you're in good defensive position, instead of you riding him to the side. The issue cropped up late and we fixed it for the full version but I don't recall if it was fixed in time for the demo. I haven't played the demo yet, but I'll try to find someone who has it to verify. But either way, gapping your check and cutting off the angles are VERY important to being successful with onball defense this year.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #403
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

OVR: 19

Can't wait to play this next week.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #404
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Wow--seriously the constructive criticism is amazingly beneficial but this stuff just frustrates me to no end.

Won't get into it, but c'mon. I hope you guys read through this stuff.
The truth frustrates you? Because it wasn't a positive review? Yes I do read through it. I'm an intelligent person and have a CS degree and know what good business practices are. Can you honestly tell me what I said there isn't true? So the steal button works as it should? Listen man to me it's a game and no big deal but when you fire back and insult my integrity what do you expect? Yes I read through it and thought about it before I posted it.

Last edited by cf00; 09-11-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:16 PM   #405
Rookie

OVR: 3
Is everyone crazy or is it just me. This demo is terrible. Graphics are very cartoonish, AI is horrible, and every shot seems like it falls. Even ridiculous fade away threes consistently. This game is great for arcade style player and terrible for real sim ballers. The AI defender doesn't respond to dribble moves. They let rebounds that are not immediately in range bounce right by them. Once a live fan, maybe never again I don't know what to say.....Amazing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 07:16 PM   #406
Rookie

OVR: 4
i usually try to buy both every year but i think im going to stick it to nba live this year... i havent flew from the free throw line and dunked on anyone since ive been playing with this demo.... the new dribbling control is fire and actually works..... didnt you hate it on nba 2k when you didnt a step back dribble and it was just something on the game.... in nba 10 you can actually create spacing with your dribbles..... the toned it down a bit on the graphics but they made the gameplay better and thats always a plus in my book..... the shots also look better going in compared to last year when you knew the difference between a miss and a bucket soon as the ball came out of your man hands.....
Old 09-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #407
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf00
The truth frustrates you? Yes I do read through it. I'm an intelligent person and have a CS degree and know what good business practices are. Can you honestly tell me what I said there isn't true? So the steal button works as it should? Listen man to me it's a game and no big deal but when you fire back and insult my integrity what do you expect? Yes I read through it and thought about it before I posted it.
Absolutely I can.

There is a box out button (it's "Y")

I'm not going back and forth with this. My problem with your post is your saying Czar, an innocent bystander, loses cred for telling you guys his opinion. He came to OS as a representative of OS that YOU guys, the community, asked for him to come. He gave his valued opinion and let you guys know what the game was about.

Czar shouldn't get any heat from you guys, and if he does, it's ridiculous considering he's one of you.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #408
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

For all you guys having trouble on defense one thing to keep in mind is you have to anticipate.

Unlike 2K and other basketball games in order to play effective defense in this game you must anticipate then react. Just reacting to a player will get you burned a lot of times because sometimes they move faster then you hands can comprehend.

So for example if you see one of your perimeter defenders get beat your job as the help guy is to to survey the situation and react accordingly.

So if its a guy like Carter you'll want anticipate the drive in the lane. As soon as he is in layup range begin contesting the shot.

Don't wait until he's near enough to you to block his shot because at that point he's already got the layup.

This game really simulates the speed of NBA players so you must anticipate in order to defend shots especially those in the paint.

Same thing on the perimeter if you think the guys going right move there before he makes his move. This is really important against guys that have quick first steps because if you don't react quick enough they are going right by you.

I'm telling you guys if you anticipate it will make playing D a lot easier I know it has for me.

Also with guys like Artest and Howard the thing that makes them great is that you don't have to anticipate as early as you do with lesser defenders.

Their reaction time is higher so as a defender now you can just react to the off player rather then anticipate his every move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »