Home

NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #241
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2

I think for now, the specific momentum will regulate the ball handling somewhat. As we could all see in Czar's vids, the lateral movement of every player is different, which affects a lot of the ball handling options you have. For instance, I didn't see Melo exploding like Rose in the vids. He was creating space, but no necessarily blowing by people.

I think the thing people miss with Bron is that he only needs a little space to explode. At that point, the contact is in his favor as either a no call or a foul, which is equally if not more lethal than a complete blow-by that an Iverson or Devin Harris type might do.

It's early to say so, but I think we will definitely need sig dribbles down the line. Specifically, the distance and speed of the change of direction will need to be very different from player to player. Deron Williams, for instance, does a crossover where he moves left to right and covers a big distance, which often results in him faking the **** out of his defender. Wade, by contrast, has a very sharp, fast change of direction that is just too quick to react to, and he manages to continue forward motion while doing so. That brings in the idea of what kind of momentum people have after a crossover. Wade's would be better than say, Skip to My Lou's, even though Skip's size-up would be significantly faster, giving them each a unique way to get around their defender.

I'll be looking to do a serious breakdown of this after the game comes out. Might not get too into breaking down the demo, as that still isn't the complete game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 10:01 PM   #242
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca

I'll be looking to do a serious breakdown of this after the game comes out. Might not get too into breaking down the demo, as that still isn't the complete game.
Me too, homie.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #243
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Exactly G, exactly. I reference college hoops 2k8 and NBA 2k9 to bolster my point. In college hoops if you have a pg and a sg, the two have the same movements based on the sticks, but the results would be totally different. If I tried to shake and bake with the sg, more likely than not he will lose the ball or stumble, if I tried those same moves with the pg, he could pull them off with no problem. You have the stick moves, and the individual player ratings that actually play out as you watch and play the game.

In 2k9, If I am on a certain spot on the floor I can hit the left stick button and get a kobe move (if I am using Kobe), if I am on the same spot and hit the same stick I get a lamar move, instead of a kobe move. The kicker and the beauty of it to me is, I get moves I don't necessarily control, the game takes into account the player and does a move that the player would actually do.

After watching some of these videos, I remember seeing Dereck Fisher looking like Chris Paul on one of his moves. Fisher should not be able to even remotely handle the rock like CP3 and Aaron Brooks should not remotely look like Carmelo, while handling the rock. If stick skills are the same for all pg's and sg's then what is the point? If everyone can pull off the same moves with various players due to stick control, that speaks more of arcade to me. So far I have seen that in some of these vids.

It is not so much that they all should be signature moves, is that they should not all be the same based on stick control.
Calm down each player has different dribbling packages and effectiveness. You're reaching way too much into finding something you don't like about it.

Just play the demo and enjoy it.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:11 AM   #244
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritLA
Calm down each player has different dribbling packages and effectiveness. You're reaching way too much into finding something you don't like about it.

Just play the demo and enjoy it.
Like H and Born said above, there are some issues with my concerns, but there are logical ways to handle it. We shall see.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #245
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOausarOo
Lead passing is not realistic at all in 2k to me. Passing in general has been very poor in 2k.
Its very realistic to be able to lead in any directions when you have a relatively easy pass for a player's skill. It also gives you great control compared to the alternative. The problem with 2k's hoops is the defense didnt defend it well. This was especially true in 2k8 but it was better in 2k9 and the pass defense much better in the DC.

I know I would miss icon lead passing if I played a game that doesnt have it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »