Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports FC 25 Review: We Need to Go Back to Formula
The Pain and Misery of Simulated Stats
EA Sports College Football 25 Guides, Explainers, and Tutorials

Old 09-11-2009, 02:48 PM   #305
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambowie
Add me to the 30+ engaged video game addict list. lol

31 and a son ....still playing 20 /25 hours a week ...slepping 1O
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #306
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
out of all the posts to respond to......
if he (LAKE) was a rookie he would get a red card for that post
Old 09-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #307
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

He did get a red card and please report posts that dont belong in the forums instead of quoting guys over and over so the mods can take a look if they missed it.

That is the exact type of thing OS doesnt allow in the Madden forums and it applies to the others as well
Old 09-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #308
Banned

OVR: 13

NBA Live 2010 Demo Review
Graphics

NBA Live 10 looks beautiful and I mean very beautiful. The only issue I have is with the jerseys and the player’s faces they simply don’t look right. I do not know if it’s only me noticing these things, but why do the players do not look like their real life counterpart? Vince Carter is my favorite player as you all can see by my username, but in all honesty he looks nothing like Vince Carter. During pre-game introductions and such he does look ok, but once the game starts his face looks weird as hell, and so is it for every other player on the court. The jerseys look good, but they are too shiny, once again is it just me?

Gameplay

Live 10 plays a lot more fluid than Live 09. The game has improved tremendously it actually looks a lot like NBA 2K, the players now seem like they are the right height and overall the game plays more like a real basketball game. In years past playing NBA Live felt like you were playing NBA Street or NBA Homecourt this time around they got it right.
Not everything was great. I had a tough time rebounding and blocking shots for whatever reason there is a delay whenever I press the jump button for my player to grab rebounds, not liking that too much. Also, the AI gave the ball to Gasol with 6 seconds left in the shot clock and Gasol just stayed at the same spot and launched a 40” footer as the clock expired, not very realistic if you ask me.

The gameplay is a lot better, but it still feels like NBA Live. EA Sports has improved a lot, but not enough for me to say it is going to be the best basketball game out there this upcoming season.

Introduction
The introduction to the game is really good it has not changed much from a year ago. You now see the players do their routines before a game and such, I saw Vince do his routine before the game, very well done EA.

Commentary

The commentary in Live 10 seems a lot like the commentary in NBA Live 09. I did not hear any new lines in the game I just played so I do not know what that was all about but I hope in the full version they do come up with some new lines.

Overall Review

Overall NBA Live 10 seems like it’s going to be a really good basketball game, but in my mind it is still not as good as 2K. The game just does not feel right; there are a lot of improvements that have to be made to the gameplay and to the graphics in order for this game to compete with 2K Sports.

Last edited by vc15dunker15; 09-11-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #309
Rookie

OVR: 3

I must say I am really enjoying my experience with this NBA Live Demo. The smoothness in the jumpers and fades and leaners are by far unmatched, and the fact that drives to the basket the game actually respects the fact that I have a grown man standing in the way and you just can't dunk NBA2k like on players.

My 1 and only problem I faced from this Demo is the fact that it is far too colorful feels like i'm playing Smurf basketball / World of Warcraft hybrid. Maybe its my 50in Samsung True color HD television but it is just too colorful.

As far as the sport of basketball NBA live does a good job of matching what I see on TV and believable as a basketball amateur that I once was.

Good job EA next time not so colorful
Old 09-11-2009, 03:12 PM   #310
MVP

OVR: 12

They do have some suction/canamation going on. A few times I was in the paint and trying to get out, and they kept me stuck in an animation wherein my guy was trying to lean on someone in the paint instead of breaking out of it like I wanted him to and pass it away or come out of the paint.

I hope they fix that because it happens in a few other areas where I'm trying to make my player do one thing and he is stuck in an animation.

Now, another thing I like is that it does feel as if you have to pay attention and play basketball to do well.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #311
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Some quick impressions...

Graphics look great. As someone mentioned, a little too much color and too much shine for sure.

Gameplay feels great. Loving the dribbling mechanics and really like the locomotion with the thumbstick; feels good.

Good stuff I saw. Superstar mode BTW.

After the Magic built a nice lead I was able to hit back to back threes with Kobe. Right away the Nelson slowed it down and called some plays. Awesome. Off that play they got a easy hoop, a stop, and went back to the fast paced offense. Loved it.

Some bad. Players passing to players that are clearly out of bounds. That logic needs to be fixed.

Double dribble. I was dribbling with Kobe, went for a pump fake and continued dribbling again. No violation was called.

I have more but right now going back to play the demo. So far I'm impressed and I have no doubt these things will be fixed for the final version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 03:21 PM   #312
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Also saw that a illegal screen got called on Dwight Howard just now. No replay for the loss. I wanted to see how that went down. Good stuff having that in there though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »