Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2009, 10:33 AM   #201
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

DC, Superstar isn't "cheating" but provides quite the challenge. We now play on Superstar at the office. I'll let Mike explain the difference though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #202
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
More gripes:

-It says you can use the left stick to choose who you want to set your screen, but I'm not seeing how

-Still can't get the icon passing. It's WAY more of a chore than it should be to actually pass the ball rather than switch to that player

-CPU offense is stagnant a lot, just one player standing around for way too long (I understand guards dribble at the top of the key and look for cutters, but the AI wasted way too much time doing that)

-I can still win every tip with ease... come on...

Layup solutions are badass, though
You have to just play the game a ton man. There's alot of hiddens stuff you aren't doing.

For instance, your number one point:

you see the white circle go around the player when you move your left stick? If so, that's how you choose who you want to come set the screen.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #203
Rookie

thesniper321's Arena

OVR: 9

Thanks a lot for your impressions I was wondering can someone upload a vid on youtube or somewhere? please have mercy for a poor ps3 user
Old 09-11-2009, 10:40 AM   #204
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Honestly I don't like the demo as much as the final i played.

If memory serves correct and its been over a week. But the control was much tighter. They feel a bit too loose to me right now on offense and defense....
I was just going to say it feels like it lacks polish.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #205
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

With the Quick Plays what am i doing wrong here...

-Press right bumper
-Identify player (Vince Carter) with dim A icon
-Dim A icon lights up to indicate it's time to pass
-Press A
-Pass goes to Dwight Howard.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #206
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Jmood, the light skin shiny look is probably due to the settings on your tv. Visuals can look vastly different from one tv to the next. Some of you guys may want to fiddle around with your picture settings if the game looks blown out or too cartooney (colorful).
Old 09-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #207
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Jmood, the light skin shiny look is probably due to the settings on your tv. Visuals can look vastly different from one tv to the next. Some of you guys may want to fiddle around with your picture settings if the game looks blown out or too cartooney (colorful).
It also has to do with the lighting in the Hangar. If you notice, there are quite a few windows in the hangar where they wouldn't be in an NBA arena. There's alot of natural light there that will shine on the players directly instead of a stop down lighting like a NBA arena. Lighting was done in detail this year and there's alot of depth to it.

You'll notice that players appear lighter and darker in different arenas and the hangar.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #208
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Overall, I just feel like the game is improved enough where a sim head can deal with any short comings this year. There seems to be enough player differentiation where I can play the game year round.
Agreed Pared. It's a major improvement over last year but it's not quite there yet. Then again I wont know for sure until I get the full game. Perhaps some of these issues may have been addressed in the final.

Anyway...Played my first few games and a few things:

+ The Off Ball movement is very well done. I didn't call any plays for the first quarter and was able to get good looks just based off of the movement.

+ Court Spacing is still the hallmark of 5 on 5 play in LIVE IMO plenty of room to operate.

- The responsiveness with the controls wasn't there at times. Specifically when I wanted to contest a jumpshot. He would either jump too late or not jump at all.

- Kobe did a fastbreak two-foot take off dunk from inside the paint. No gather he just flew to the rim while in the post area.

- There were instances of warping during fights for rebounds. Rebounding on a whole is improved from last year but it still not quite there. There was a time where the ball in the air and I had prime position to get it. I jumped to grab it but the ball simply fell pass my hands to the floor.

- Although the net/rim/ball interaction is improved, I'm still not feeling the sounds of the animations/interactions. Clunks, Swishes and rattles sound quite odd.

I'm enjoying the hangar much more right now perhaps because I still need to familiarize myself with the new controls better...

Last edited by Gmoney2002; 09-11-2009 at 10:49 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »