Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2009, 07:19 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4UP
Just wondering, how big is the download?
720 mbs i believe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 07:20 AM   #82
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
I think it will be hard for people to cheese on this game..
Yep. You can't just shoulder your way too the hole. Or "freestyle" your way to the hole.

The man in front of you guards you. And the Help D is nasty.

The put a hell of a product together. Imagine when we get the retail.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:25 AM   #83
Banned

OVR: 26

Ugh, everything seems like a chore in this game...

-Since you have to hold B to call for a screen (and if you let go of B, the screener rolls/pops), you can't use the right analog stick to make moves while the screen is in place

-Every time I try to pass to someone with icon passing, I switch to that player. I don't want to do all that, I just want to pass him the ball

-You can't body up on a defender like you could in Live 09... don't know why, it was a great animation and feature

-Like I feared, it's hard to pull up for a short stop-and-pop fadeaway jumper right outside the paint-- you end up shooting a layup instead

-Every time I tried to call for an iso, I ended up doing so and then immediately throwing an alley-oop

Not to mention the fact that I wasn't feeling the player likenesses at all-- don't look like themselves in the face IMO. The crowd is good, though... but I hated the music, ugh...

I had more fun in the hangar than in the actual 5-on-5 tbh.

Now go ahead. Flame me, make fun of me, all because I didn't enjoy the demo.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:30 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 2
Not your cup of tea, so be it but to me......Gold Jerry! Pure gold!!!! (Sorry for the Seinfeld reference).
Old 09-11-2009, 07:32 AM   #85
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

few things that caught my eye..

the bad:
-vince carter went into this "big man" style shaq-esque dunk as he laid a facial on derek fisher.. a two handed monster power dunk.. the change in animation wasnt too clear. we can definetly expect these weird animation hiccups.. just thought id mention it.

-two out of maybe 20 cpu possessions so far have been where the CPU holds the ball for 20 seconds as theres no movement at all and they chuck up a 35 foot three.

-derek fisher syndrome? I leave him open for just an instance and he drives at will, never making a shot, half of them getting blocked.. everything here on ALL PRO btw (fisher 1-6. kobe 3-5. artest 0-4)

-on occassion, it feels like I can wreckless use TURBO+ RIGHT STICK movements to get in the paint with vince carter, almost on a cheesy level. too much sliding? not enough animations there? not sure right now.. good news and ill say it here, more often than not, you force a bad shot and a TO. you cant win with this method of play

the good:
-no joke. I had a player who wasnt looking at me as he was moving around a screen and cutting. I pass it and the ball misses him. You truly have to watch what your teammates are doing out there. they wont magically warp and move to get open.

-i bumped fisher as hes going up court. he was rather close to the out of bounds line and he infact does go out and throws the ball up in the air as hes going out.

-kobe forces me baseline and I do too much dribbling and just run the ball out of bounds as he anticipates my every move.. no animations here that kept me in bounds.. user error caught finally

-kobe's midrange game is tough to guard...

-howard tipped a rebound to himself and dunked it back home.. sickening lol

more impressions to come.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 07:37 AM   #86
MVP

OVR: 19

this is my first live game since the late 90s and it will take a while for me to get used to the controls and camera view.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:37 AM   #87
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Ugh, everything seems like a chore in this game...

-Since you have to hold B to call for a screen (and if you let go of B, the screener rolls/pops), you can't use the right analog stick to make moves while the screen is in place

-Every time I try to pass to someone with icon passing, I switch to that player. I don't want to do all that, I just want to pass him the ball

-You can't body up on a defender like you could in Live 09... don't know why, it was a great animation and feature

-Like I feared, it's hard to pull up for a short stop-and-pop fadeaway jumper right outside the paint-- you end up shooting a layup instead

-Every time I tried to call for an iso, I ended up doing so and then immediately throwing an alley-oop

Not to mention the fact that I wasn't feeling the player likenesses at all-- don't look like themselves in the face IMO. The crowd is good, though... but I hated the music, ugh...

I had more fun in the hangar than in the actual 5-on-5 tbh.

Now go ahead. Flame me, make fun of me, all because I didn't enjoy the demo.
Shocking...

Anyway...had another game. Enjoyed it.

Figured out the icons during FTs...which are for subs and the like.

Man, I've been getting stripped left and right. Too much dribbling.

Anyways...I'm off to work. Can't wait to fire it back up tonight.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:39 AM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 3

Do you have to be an XBOX LIVE GOLD member to download the demo?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »