Home

NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 2: Season 2

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 2: Season 2 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #89
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 2: Season 2

The overwhelming point is that this is a preview, not a review. You don't look for negatives in a preview unless they require a true warning. Czar said several times that due to a limited sample size, there are a things he's holding back on. He also said that he'll do a full comparison of both titles after they are both out.

So of course this isn't going to be like a Battleground, because it isn't even the same premise. Have your opinions, like the vid or don't, but at least judge it according to its own criteria. This is a vid of Czar's impression of the game so far, and a PREVIEW of what may be in store for gamers who pick up the title.

It's a good thing that he was excited.

Besides, there are a ton of people that have mastered the art of complaining about a game before they own it. That skillset is well covered here on OS.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #90
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

I think that was a FANTASTIC discussion to be honest with ya'll. A lot was cleared up and I feel like respect was dealt all around.

Dribbling moves look seamless right now which is very promising... Da Czar, did you get to mess with the sliders at all to see their effectiveness?

Also, what was your quarter lengths? (I think you said it was All Star Difficulty)

I've got to go to Chinese now so I won't be able to respond to any more posts, but all I will say is that I know now:

1. Da Czar offered to go to both 2k and EA
2. Positives definitely outweighed the negatives in LIVE
3. He is free to his own opinion like us all and doesn't need to play politics.

Peace out everyone.

Last edited by EvanRG; 09-10-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:01 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Let me explain to you my point. I've been to EA and 2k events and they are all the same. You play the game for hours. The things that are great stand out to you. You ask the developers about certain issues in the game and they all say "That will be fixed by release" or "We will fix that in the first patch". You take their word for it and downplay the issues because you have been assured they would be fixed. Ive seen it with past 2k games. Pared saw it last year with Live. I see nothing wrong with someone questioning a preview as long as they arent disrespectful.
I feel you on this. This all makes perfect sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 12:01 PM   #92
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Get that you think it's Buzz, I totally do. But Czar started his first video off with how he hardly talked to us. He was literally locked in a room for two days with us only coming down to take him to lunch because he didn't have a security pass to do so the first day.

Czar maintained the professionalism all the way through. I don't care if people think we paid him off, or wine and dined him, but I DO care if people think Czar carelessly sacrificed his cred to be an EA mouthpiece b/c that couldn't be any further from the truth. (not only referring to you Evan). The demo is out tomorrow, play for yourselves guys and tell us what you think. Czar wanted to make sure he helped teach you guys the fundamentals of our game this year so that instead of running around like a fool, you knew what you were doing ahead of time.

I think he accomplished that. Sorry to bust up the thread with this -- Evan, your thoughts are in the right place which is fine.

Hey Steph? Do you know when we might hear something about franchise modes? Great videos Czar
Old 09-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 14
Where's the damn Demo? Now I gotta go to work...
Old 09-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #94
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

OVR: 19

Awesome videos Czar!
Old 09-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #95
GOAT

Melman's Arena

OVR: 8

Hey Steph

Any word on what time the demo drops?? I know tomorrow 9/11, but is that midnight or just some random undetermined time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 5

Wow! This is one of the best resolved "differences" on the games I've seen. Thruogh and respectful. Great vids too. Can't wait till battlegrounds!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »