Home

NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 2: Season 2

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 2: Season 2 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #81
stewaat

OVR:
Re: NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 2: Season 2

WTF can he compare it to?

This is just a preview of what's in store for Live. What do you expect? He's saying the outlook is awesome for Live, that's it man.

Comparison will come when both retail vesions come out.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #82
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

And another thread bites the dust......

Oh and LIVE is looking beastly!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #83
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Oh God, I'm going full damage control now... haha -- got missiles coming from all angles!!! Run to the hills!!!

Quote:
I bought my first ever next-gen BASKETBALL game last year (2k) after I saw my brother playing it. This year I am attempting to tell my brother that LIVE looks pretty darn good this year and am winning him over to that side.

When are you going to just relax and talk freely about games? There is no conspiracy. People naturally are going to feel like they HAVE to like something that they've spent their cash on, but right now, no money is on the table... Both games have yet to be released and it's a fresh start for both 2k and EA, I can't wait to try out the Demo tomorrow and I look forward to 2k sharing theirs as well.

I do appreciate the credit towards such a high act of espionage!

"UNDER-COVER IN THE LIVE FORUMS!"
Old 09-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #84
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
I knew that first post was going to get me in trouble... haha....

Let me clarify. MY previous experience with Da Czar is his Battleground videos were there was some sort of comparing going on.

Like it or not, this guy has major respect from all of the basketball gamers including myself. This video was great and definitely got me excited for LIVE's comeback, but I simply prefer a more neutral approach to his videos.

This one was just a little too much BUZZ for me.

I plan on getting both games right now which will be the first time I've ever done this with a video game competition.
Get that you think it's Buzz, I totally do. But Czar started his first video off with how he hardly talked to us. He was literally locked in a room for two days with us only coming down to take him to lunch because he didn't have a security pass to do so the first day.

Czar maintained the professionalism all the way through. I don't care if people think we paid him off, or wine and dined him, but I DO care if people think Czar carelessly sacrificed his cred to be an EA mouthpiece b/c that couldn't be any further from the truth. (not only referring to you Evan). The demo is out tomorrow, play for yourselves guys and tell us what you think. Czar wanted to make sure he helped teach you guys the fundamentals of our game this year so that instead of running around like a fool, you knew what you were doing ahead of time.

I think he accomplished that. Sorry to bust up the thread with this -- Evan, your thoughts are in the right place which is fine.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #85
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Let me explain to you my point. I've been to EA and 2k events and they are all the same. You play the game for hours. The things that are great stand out to you. You ask the developers about certain issues in the game and they all say "That will be fixed by release" or "We will fix that in the first patch". You take their word for it and downplay the issues because you have been assured they would be fixed. Ive seen it with past 2k games. Pared saw it last year with Live. I see nothing wrong with someone questioning a preview as long as they arent disrespectful.
thanks aholbert however, the difference with me is that I didn't have any face to face dev time to ask about the issues I was seeing. I was not playing with the dev sitting next to me to ask questions or get their viewpoint on the game.

I was quite literally in the basement of EAC with two screens and a controller and told to go for it. I left the studio at 10:30 p.m. my last night there and caught a cab. Besides the Ncaa producer next door capturing I was the only person in the building.

I was asked to come up and see the game and told that if I found anything interesting i was free to do a show on it and they would release it. I though that was a fair deal...

So I didn't choose to downplay anything because of comments by a dev i came back and reported how the game felt to me. again i didn't have those conversations.

While playing the positives outweighed the negatives and I had a great experience with the game. I relayed that excitement with the issues i saw relative to their impact on me during the gaming sessions.

I have said repeatedly that the game is not perfect. There are warps there is sliding but the innovations and control dominated my experience and that is what i wrote.

so to clarify i didn't take anyones word for anything and decide to downplay anything. I gave my true thoughts on how the game impacted me. If the negatives would have outweighed the positives my comments would reflect that.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #86
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
And another thread bites the dust......

Oh and LIVE is looking beastly!
No, it's not 'biting the dust'. You can have a civil discussion with different point of views.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #87
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

Czar - can you check your youtube link - it says malformed video ID (the last thread)
Old 09-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #88
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
I didn't make a "2k post" -- heck I didn't even say 2k in my thread.

I said that I may have to get both games this year because LIVE looks pretty darn good.

I just think that Da Czar did a positives only video and didn't give us both sides of the coin. I also felt like this wasn't a true "Da Czar" video because of how he sounded at the end with his little disclaimer and "LIVE IS BACK" thing.

And the reason my sig isn't updated is because I don't slave over it all day.

P.S... You proved my point, why in the first place is Da Czar now doing LIVE only videos? That's all I'm asking. YOU are the one who read into my post. I tried to tread really lightly with my first post but you obviously took some imaginary bait that I laid out there.

LIVE looks fantastic and I look forward to the Demo. Is that good enough for you? My question was directed at Da Czar, not NBA LIVE!!!!

Back to your regularly scheduled program everyone.
i was asked if i would like to come to 2k last year. I said yes and did not receive an invitation. I also informed the gameplay guys at 2k i have contacts with that I will be getting live early and if they wanted a shot at even coverage they may want to think about sending me the game early..

There response was thanks we'll think about it... i have done 2k exclusive videos for years because live was terrible. Last year I received my first "semi" invitation and that was not followed up on this year.. In short they don't really see the importance of having me up. they have a strategy that they are comfortable with and at this point it does not involve me. i am cool with that but that is just an FYI.

Da_Czar is free to have his own opinion. And in my opinion live is back. I have always given my opinion. Sorry if your first impression of what I do comes from the battlegrounds... That was a new series i started up last year.

as with everyone else here you are free to disagree.

Fans of both games can tell you when i am excited about something i let them know about it. battlegrounds are for after the hype has died down and both games have been well played.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »