Home

NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #233
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2

My biggest problem with live last year was that i felt players had no individuality...rather just placed into groups...im really hoping players actually feel different as czar said...
Old 09-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #234
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12

I think I get what youre saying Novastar. The same stick move animations are attached to two players who have totally different ballhandling skillsets. You basically want more "Signature" play or animations assigned to players. That's a whole lot more animations to add though if that's the case but I hear you man.

I don't neccessarily mind this for now. As long as they continue to fix gameplay mechanics and the animations that they do have are as smooth and seamless as can be.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #235
Rookie

OVR: 8

The dribbling system looks very cool.
The thing I don't like is that these defenders have no clue how to block shots. It's like they're not aiming their arms to block the shot. It's like a windmill swing...
I predict ppl are going to drive at will because they know that a perfectly timed block attempt will have absolutely no affect on the shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #236
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney2002
I think I get what youre saying Novastar. The same stick move animations are attached to two players who have totally different ballhandling skillsets. You basically want more "Signature" play or animations assigned to players. That's a whole lot more animations to add though if that's the case but I hear you man.

I don't neccessarily mind this for now. As long as they continue to fix gameplay mechanics and the animations that they do have are as smooth and seamless as can be.
Exactly G, exactly. I reference college hoops 2k8 and NBA 2k9 to bolster my point. In college hoops if you have a pg and a sg, the two have the same movements based on the sticks, but the results would be totally different. If I tried to shake and bake with the sg, more likely than not he will lose the ball or stumble, if I tried those same moves with the pg, he could pull them off with no problem. You have the stick moves, and the individual player ratings that actually play out as you watch and play the game.

In 2k9, If I am on a certain spot on the floor I can hit the left stick button and get a kobe move (if I am using Kobe), if I am on the same spot and hit the same stick I get a lamar move, instead of a kobe move. The kicker and the beauty of it to me is, I get moves I don't necessarily control, the game takes into account the player and does a move that the player would actually do.

After watching some of these videos, I remember seeing Dereck Fisher looking like Chris Paul on one of his moves. Fisher should not be able to even remotely handle the rock like CP3 and Aaron Brooks should not remotely look like Carmelo, while handling the rock. If stick skills are the same for all pg's and sg's then what is the point? If everyone can pull off the same moves with various players due to stick control, that speaks more of arcade to me. So far I have seen that in some of these vids.

It is not so much that they all should be signature moves, is that they should not all be the same based on stick control.

Last edited by NovaStar; 09-10-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #237
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Exactly G, exactly. I reference college hoops 2k8 and NBA 2k9 to bolster my point. In college hoops if you have a pg and a sg, the two have the same movements based on the sticks, but the results would be totally different. If I tried to shake and bake with the sg, more likely than not he will lose the ball or stumble, if I tried those same moves with the pg, he could pull them off with no problem. You have the stick moves, and the individual player ratings that actually play out as you watch and play the game.

In 2k9, If I am on a certain spot on the floor I can hit the left stick button and get a kobe move (if I am using Kobe), if I am on the same spot and hit the same stick I get a lamar move, instead of a kobe move. The kicker and the beauty of it to me is, I get moves I don't necessarily control, the game takes into account the player and does a move that the player would actually do.

After watching some of these videos, I remember seeing Dereck Fisher looking like Chris Paul on one of his moves. Fisher should not be able to even remotely handle the rock like CP3 and Aaron Brooks should not remotely look like Carmelo, while handling the rock. If stick skills are the same for all pg's and sg's then what is the point? If everyone can pull off the same moves with various players due to stick control, that speaks more of arcade to me. So far I have seen that in some of these vids.

It is not so much that they all should be signature moves, is that they should not all be the same based on stick control.
I hear you but again, in order for this to be implemented more animations must be added to provide that variety you desire(I.E. An animation package with slower, less crisp, crossovers)
Old 09-10-2009, 12:03 PM   #238
Banned

OVR: 13

I liked that melo jumper at about 2:55 where you aren't inhibited by the animation and can sorta of break it off by pulling up for the jay.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:11 PM   #239
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Not nearly as much, tho. For the past few years, it seems like Live defenders who were beaten, stayed beaten, instead of magically getting in front of you again as you gather for the layup. Then again, that made the defense a little too easy to beat since the help always had to come. Even a beaten defender can get a paw in there, get a strip, or make a physical play on the ball from the rear.

I hope both titles provide a good balance this season.
I'll agree with you that there was not as much especially during fastbreaks, but the one on one game in live 09 certainly had some speed cheats going on for the defense that felt cheap with people sliding in front of you after getting beat. That looks to be all but gone based on vids. I'm hoping for two good hoop games but I can certainly say that it appears we have atleast one for certain in Live 10.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:36 PM   #240
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
What up H....
Do you understand what I am saying?
I feel you, and I agree. I especially felt that on Bron's moves at the end. While he's got those handles, hes way too tall and stiff to pull them off that quickly. His handles are nasty, but 6'8" 260 nasty, not 6'1" 180lbs nasty. Born and I talked about this offline a few weeks back...Bron has got some sick dribbling ability, we agreed that while he can pull off ant dribbling move at will...it will never quite match a much smaller guard who uses those moves out of neccessity, and not just because he's feeling frisky.

For now, I don't have a big issue with it, since us hardcore players can simply limit those size-ups to the appropriate players ourselves. I have faith that Mike will add sig features to that mechanic in the near future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »