Home

NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #137
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2

Wow this thread is a mismash of all kinds of thoughts. When I read through I can see why some companies release minimal information early. Guys jumping on and off the bus with each video or whatever. I can't believe the improvement in this game, and for some thats still not enough to warrant a purchase. all these hoopheads in here, and really having a struggle of which game to get. Im a hoops junkie and must have both. Fortunately theres no kicks to buy this month, that'll make up the $$$ difference.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #138
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
The guys working on locomotion spent A LOT of time finding the right balance between responsiveness and momentum when tuning the bigs. You probably can't really tell from the video, even though czar was trying to demo with Dwight, but trust me you'll feel it immediately. I have a feeling that when the demo drops, the complaint that bigs can seemingly turn on a dime will quickly disappear. And people concerned about the apparent lack of defense will also see that's a non-issue as well.
Good to hear. I have no doubt about the D in Live. The only thing I didn't like about the D in Live was that electric slide defense that would happen when you had clearly beaten some one with a first step-they would slide right back in front of you and cut you off. I have not seen that yet in any of the vids thus far.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #139
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
I actually saw alot of defense in that clip. The Devin Harris shotclock violation comes to mind first. Even the LeBron dunk was well defended IMO.

like i said before, he was trying to prove a point on the Harris play that you cant just crossover and do moves like that and get wide open lanes in the past. Basically that doing those moves isnt so arcadish where it will lead to lanes parting like the Red Sea. That SHOULD mean defense is better. And when Lebron dunked he dunked over 2 guys easily. Yes Lebron can do this in real life but it seemd a little easy in the video. But the EA developer said that i shouldnt be worried about defense in the game so i'm hoping thats true.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:24 PM   #140
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
Wow this thread is a mismash of all kinds of thoughts. When I read through I can see why some companies release minimal information early. Guys jumping on and off the bus with each video or whatever. I can't believe the improvement in this game, and for some thats still not enough to warrant a purchase. all these hoopheads in here, and really having a struggle of which game to get. Im a hoops junkie and must have both. Fortunately theres no kicks to buy this month, that'll make up the $$$ difference.
$60 is about what an 1/8 of a certain thing, i'd rather buy 1 game and use that $60 for that certain thing.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #141
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
Guys jumping on and off the bus with each video or whatever. I can't believe the improvement in this game, and for some thats still not enough to warrant a purchase. all these hoopheads in here, and really having a struggle of which game to get. Im a hoops junkie and must have both. Fortunately theres no kicks to buy this month, that'll make up the $$$ difference.

Haha me too man. Fortunately I can afford to cop both too. If I didn't I'd find some way(trade in some games etc..)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #142
Pro

OVR: 28

Wow, awesome Vid Czar. Loved that whole Devin Harris sequence after the shot clock violation. Control in Live 10 is gonna be something never achieved before in a ball game.
Can't wait for the demo to put these new controls to work.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Old 09-09-2009, 11:32 PM   #143
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
The guys working on locomotion spent A LOT of time finding the right balance between responsiveness and momentum when tuning the bigs. You probably can't really tell from the video, even though czar was trying to demo with Dwight, but trust me you'll feel it immediately. I have a feeling that when the demo drops, the complaint that bigs can seemingly turn on a dime will quickly disappear. And people concerned about the apparent lack of defense will also see that's a non-issue as well.

Thanks for chiming in, B.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:35 PM   #144
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Great work as always Czar.

Wow oh wow that video has me hyped this year for Live. Usually this time of year with football season just starting my basketball thirst isn't there yet but this year it is at a all time high.

Loving the retro jerseys as well. Now EA find a way to get retro courts. DLC, whatever. Just get it done. Please.
Steph Mike Ryan Garreth

Come on guys, oblige this man

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »