Home

NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #129
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Exactly my point. No biggie or gamekiller, just a different brand of player control. Lives rise from the ashes is going to be based on that change I think. Right on cue, 2K has taken away control while EA has added to it...and I think ALOT of people are going to jump ship based on that fact.

Very shrewd plan of attack by Beluba and co.
Can't hurt to have the best of both worlds right?

I like that each company approaches control different. It seems that 2k has tightened up what they lost last year so I think this will be a great year for us. Probably the best ever.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-09-2009, 11:06 PM   #130
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
No no no.

I think he is talking about when Arenas was being guarded by Gasol.

I mean, Arenas went RIGHT by him...THEN, now this completely baffled me, Zach Randolph on the GRIZZLIES didn't protect the paint well at all!

Or wait, maybe it was the clips that were shown with the Knicks and the Suns playing defense.

No excuses Live. No excuses.

not just those, i'm talking about every vid ive seen there doesnt seem to be much D. On the Devin Harris part it seemed he was hammering the point that you cant just sit there and do ISOmotion type moves where you just cross over and such until you finally can blow past your opponent. But it just seems like theres an overall lack of defense.

And it seemed like there was some unrealistic dunking on 2 guys in some of the vids. Maybe i'm just looking into it too much but i just havent seen much defense in the vids. Add to that the fact that you dont really hear much about defense in the info and it makes me start to wonder if its going to be one of those offense heavy games (especially with the playbooks) where its too easy to score on offense. I hope i'm wrong.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:08 PM   #131
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Well Jersey when you are doing a video highlighting dribble moves you aren't going to show guys getting ripped doing them (outside of the Shaq segment-I think Shaq was a bad example though because I always thought of him as one of the hardest people to strip in the painted area in the pros -my memory could be failing me). I would not put a lot of stock in no D being there as it's just a promo. That dribbling system looks really good though especially with the stationary aspects of dribbling in a space.

and thats totally understandable. But i notice in other vids the lack of defense and the reason i brought it up after watch this was that it seems that the defense gives the offense too much respect and it seems like its easy to get space to get shots off. I might just be looking into it too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 11:08 PM   #132
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Well Jersey when you are doing a video highlighting dribble moves you aren't going to show guys getting ripped doing them (outside of the Shaq segment-I think Shaq was a bad example though because I always thought of him as one of the hardest people to strip in the painted area in the pros -my memory could be failing me). I would not put a lot of stock in no D being there as it's just a promo. That dribbling system looks really good though especially with the stationary aspects of dribbling in a space.

For those complaining about a lack of weight in some instances in the video I certainly see that as well. IMO to have control like that though you are going to have to trade off a little in the momentum/transitions department. I'm no dev, but I would think to do that in a game, more animations would have to be added in order to represent momentum. Animations the user would have to let play out before being able to perform their next action. People don't seem to want that which is understandable. Most people seem to want instantaneous input. Vid looks good to me despite all I've said.
The guys working on locomotion spent A LOT of time finding the right balance between responsiveness and momentum when tuning the bigs. You probably can't really tell from the video, even though czar was trying to demo with Dwight, but trust me you'll feel it immediately. I have a feeling that when the demo drops, the complaint that bigs can seemingly turn on a dime will quickly disappear. And people concerned about the apparent lack of defense will also see that's a non-issue as well.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #133
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
The technology isnt there yet to have real momentum and weight movements. I'm not an expert but if the user is jerking left and right you cant have the player not respond right? So naturally the instant turns will always be there until we hit virtual reality haha.

How about fake momentum? CH 2k8 had footplanting and exact controls. All the game needed was a little lock and drift when moving full speed and a little less of it when moving close to full speed. You could give players with less quickness and more weight more drift. 2k9 and the DC both did a good job locking you into a direction when moving fullspeed other than that the momentum failed. It was just a bunch of jerking and unrealistic/unnecessary iso moves. The DC is better but it still has some of those issues.

I can appreciate some of the difficulties in game design but this seems easier than the results would suggest.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:11 PM   #134
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
The guys working on locomotion spent A LOT of time finding the right balance between responsiveness and momentum when tuning the bigs. You probably can't really tell from the video, even though czar was trying to demo with Dwight, but trust me you'll feel it immediately. I have a feeling that when the demo drops, the complaint that bigs can seemingly turn on a dime will quickly disappear. And people concerned about the apparent lack of defense will also see that's a non-issue as well.

glad to hear that, like i said i was prob just overeacting. I'm just glad that its actually hard to make a decision on which game to get than it just being 2k no doubt. When i watch the live gameplay vids, the lighting and player models look like a tv broadcast. Its impressive.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #135
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
have they talked about defense at all? It seems theres really no D in every vid ive seen. Game looks great, but wheres the D?
I actually saw alot of defense in that clip. The Devin Harris shotclock violation comes to mind first. Even the LeBron dunk was well defended IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #136
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
How about fake momentum? CH 2k8 had footplanting and exact controls. All the game needed was a little lock and drift when moving full speed and a little less of it when moving close to full speed. You could give players with less quickness and more weight more drift. 2k9 and the DC both did a good job locking you into a direction when moving fullspeed other than that the momentum failed. It was just a bunch of jerking and unrealistic/unnecessary iso moves. The DC is better but it still has some of those issues.

I can appreciate some of the difficulties in game design but this seems easier than the results would suggest.
See Beluba's post above, man. It seems like you're complaining about a non-issue. Stop mentioning the draft combine and 2k, lol. We don't care what they're doing. This is the wrong forum for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »