Home

Why All-Pro Football Still Trumps Madden

This is a discussion on Why All-Pro Football Still Trumps Madden within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
I hated, I mean hated All Pro Football. I got the game for free and still got rid of it. I loved NFL 2K5 but All Pro Football was a huge disappointment. So far this year Madden is a great game and not just another roster update.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:28 AM   #58
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10
Not convinced by the footage. I only bothered to see the Moreno run and the play where three hogs miss a speedy Colts LB who simply makes a play. Madden should be better, but it's still as good or better than any football game out there. Actually, NCAA is better because of how you can play defense from the defense's perspective by locking into one player, can't understand why they didn't include this in Madden.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:02 AM   #59
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14
Good artcile. Agree with pretty much everything in the OP.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:36 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2
Why can't 2K do what Madden used to do and have all the teams in the NFL but just use their city names for team names and numbers for representing players. Then just allow people to use the share roster online feature, and BAM, instant awesome football game.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:08 AM   #61
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Why All-Pro Football Still Trumps Madden

Sorry I really enjoy the write ups on OS most of the time but this is just plain silly to compare All Pro 2K8 to Madden 10. I understand not everyone is an EA fan but give me a break.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 03:10 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Really a senseless and pointless comparison. I don't care how great All-Pro plays. Playing with fake teams is no fun. The reason most people play sports games is to simulate real life teams and leagues. Madden was garbage on next-gen until this year but I'll take a garbage game that's fully licensed over a fantastic game without the NFL license.

Exactly my thoughts. When APF hit, I was tempted. But after reading about generic teams, I passed. That, and no franchise mode. So what-------I play one season, and.....and.......game over???? Fun stuff.........eh, no.

What I'd like 2k to consider is perhaps a non NFL licensed game for pc, open to the modding community to mod NFL stadiums, teams, players, etc. similar to what Football Freaks is doing with Madden 08. As long as no profits are made, there should be no harm in that...
Old 09-09-2009, 03:13 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 12
As u can see from Skyliners video some NFL team can be well represented in APF, with uni codes and custom player creation, its not the NFL, but its not bad. I've seen some great unis for Broncos, Colts, Eagles, Bears, Giants, and Dallas, and at least when I create my 11 custom players they more closley resemble their NFL counterparts. Superior physics help, Jacobs @ 265 behaves different then Bradshaw @ 215, and never gets de-cleated, not so in Madden.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:34 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Glock
this is just plain silly to compare All Pro 2K8 to Madden 10.
Why?

Both games claim to be accurate representations of professional football, so what's wrong with looking at what happens on these games' fields play and analyzing where they fall short of capturing the intricacies of the sport?

All this article's looking at it is gameplay, which has nothing to do with things like franchise mode or NFL licenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Exactly my thoughts. When APF hit, I was tempted. But after reading about generic teams, I passed. That, and no franchise mode. So what-------I play one season, and.....and.......game over???? Fun stuff.........eh, no.
You join a league and you start your own online franchise, college football dynasty, fantasy draft, whatever; the game is flexible enough to accommodate just about any league type you and your league-mates can think up.

I've participated in tons over the last couple of years and they all trump just about any offline mode you could think up.

This game was made for head-to-head play, whether offline or online, not grinding out season after season against a predictable AI opponent.

Last edited by jyoung; 09-09-2009 at 03:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »