Home

NBA 2K10 Take Over Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Take Over Trailer within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #145
Banned

OVR: 22
if that demo enforces my impressions so far this may be the 1st year i don't buy 2k in 4 years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 08:14 PM   #146
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NBA 2K10 Take Over Trailer

Cool teaser. Nothing more, nothing less. I didn't like the sound effect that was thrown in during the steals, and wasn't a big fan of the white dissolves. Would've liked to have seen more standard edits. I liked the signature freeze frame thing, but it was brought in kind of late for a rhythmic repetition. Might have been a stronger theme if used as a bookend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Guys, let's cut off the comparisons before they start. From this point, let's keep it on the vid.
This thread has been a mess with the talk of marketing(from people who have been through this year after year), the discussions of Live and what not. I guess you can't underestimate how people will act when they are frustrated, but the bad apples are definitely spoiling the bunch these days. As soon as 2k puts out a teaser, you know exactly what form the same old tired complaints are going to take. And just like every year, it doesn't matter because 2k will release a demo and a bunch of gameplay featurettes before the game releases. It's even more irrelevant on this hardcore site, where most people buy the game every year anyway.

The biggest joke of it all is that the more the hardcore fans complain about 2k's marketing, the more the game seems to sell. I could stomach it if people were actually discussing the nuts and bolts of the marketing, but they are really just whining about not getting what they want.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #147
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
The biggest joke of it all is that the more the hardcore fans complain about 2k's marketing, the more the game seems to sell. I could stomach it if people were actually discussing the nuts and bolts of the marketing, but they are really just whining about not getting what they want.
THIS

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 0
Bornindamecca love ya work mate, i don't mind the teasers at all, they do the same thing every year, live always brings out the new features because they have been behind the last few years and are trying to get people excited about NBA basketball games and also about their live 10 game, and honestly i'll buy both this year as i always do because they both have something to offer that the other doesn't
Old 09-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #149
Banned

OVR: 22
well the reason it sells more is because more ****** gamers are buying it, and that's true with any genre of gaming. the less skill oriented you make a game the more it sells because it becomes more of a pick up a play game. and everybody can play it, hardcore gamers will always cry about the games that they hold dear to their heart because hardcore gamers put in work to be good at a game and when the game starts to take away those layers to make it more accessible to the masses then you have a game that lacks.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #150
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic24
well the reason it sells more is because more ****** gamers are buying it, and that's true with any genre of gaming. the less skill oriented you make a game the more it sells because it becomes more of a pick up a play game. and everybody can play it, hardcore gamers will always cry about the games that they hold dear to their heart because hardcore gamers put in work to be good at a game and when the game starts to take away those layers to make it more accessible to the masses then you have a game that lacks.
does that really have anything to do with this thread?
Old 09-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #151
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
No.. I'm taking bets next trailer though.

Have you played the combine? You can't do it there. Doesn't excuse why it's in the trailer... could be a ratings thing.

Either way, I'd agree it's the one thing that really warrants a red flag. Let's get that out, via a patch or whatever. Stat.
Yeah, thats one good sign, I haven't seen this in the combine. But then again, I haven't unlocked that move in the combine . But I haven't heard anything about until now. Just wierd that it appears to still be there. Hopefully its been scrapped...I know it can be rather easily.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 09:02 PM   #152
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Nice. Still wanna see a gameplay video with commentary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »