Home

NBA 2K10 Take Over Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Take Over Trailer within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #73
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: New NBA 2k10 teaser (Video)

As far as I can tell from this work computer. The teaser was very good and I always liked that Roots song, its the best on the album. However, It still looks like 2k9 with new animations, and it did not excite me.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:34 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Seems like it could have been a counter to the lock down defense. It sort of makes sense, as the defender shouldn't be able to ride you easily if you step back and set up.

I'd still like to see some variation to it. Someone put in all these streetball sizeups back in 2k8 thinking they would be cool and they weren't. Nice to see them going to a more realistic approach, but I need variation and player-specific size-ups. And not just for one or two players.

Here's a good example: Take D-Will and dribble with him in 2k9. He's one of the few guards that spins and goes behind the back with ease. Try to do that same thing with other PG's and you get a different result.

We need that same attention to detail in the sizeups. There are some nice ones in there (like the high knee-step sizeup and the in and out but other like the Alston sizeup (touching the defenders head) and ridiculous spinning behind the back sizeup need to goooooo....
I agree w/u there. Also, I think they should add more animations 2 make moves off the L trigger size-up moves. They look real sweet but are more cosmetic than anything. Sometimes they'll do a simple cross-over, have the defender leaning and then kinda get stuck @ the end. They can just add more animations in situations like that 2 make transitioning easier and more life-like.
Committed 2 page, I write a rhyme, sometimes won't finish 4 days
Scrutinize my literature from the large 2 the miniature
I mathematically ADD minister
Subtract the wack, Selector, wheel it back I'm feelin that!
Old 09-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 9

Not very impressed, appeared like 2k9 to me. How bout some diversity in your trailers. Im not interested in seeing just Kobe and Rose. I know 2k will put out a great game but give me more than those damn highlight reels

i've been a 2k fanboy for 9 years now but Live has really caught my eye and so far 2k has lacked that wow factor im looking for....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiffani
Tthe net and rim physics, (two words: spot on)
total agreement...2k rules with net and rim physics
Old 09-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #77
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by riDIRKulous41
Not very impressed, appeared like 2k9 to me. How bout some diversity in your trailers. Im not interested in seeing just Kobe and Rose. I know 2k will put out a great game but give me more than those damn highlight reels

i've been a 2k fanboy for 9 years now but Live has really caught my eye and so far 2k has lacked that wow factor im looking for....
If you want Live then get it I don't understand why people need to constantly announce what they're going to buy.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 09-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Video was whack! We are too long into development for a teaser, it's time for game play videos already!

I think the graphics look about the same, animations are nice as always! That has never been 2k's downfall, their animations are always nice. I still see poor defense and unstoppable PG!

Now if 4 defenders on 1 short guy and he still gets by, impresses people then I'm shocked. What happened to defense A.I. one of the biggest complaints about 2k9. Now we see a video of D. Rose crossing over and dunking on everyone. Even Perkins didn't slap his **** into the bleechers, he just sat there and took a body shot, in reality, Perkins would have laid Rose on his backside on the court. We need to see more body contact on those plays and fouls.

I wasn't expecting much, but overall I guess I'm the only guy not impressed and really wanting to see more at this point. 5 on 5 and that new commentary that is added. I want to see that!

2k is the King of Presentation and animations no doubt. But they are still slacking in details and graphics. But I really want to hear that damn commentary, they got me excited about that.
I wouldn't say "wack"...but for me the video just didn't show me anything I don't think I've seen in the last 3-4 versions...Doesn't make it wack...Just makes it uneventful 4 me
Old 09-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #79
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

^^ ooh and don't forget the I've been a 2k fan since dreamcast days lol

Er someone youtube this sucker
Old 09-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
If you want Live then get it I don't understand why people need to constantly announce what they're going to buy.
Just because he doesn't like the trailer doesn't mean that he likes live better, or what people call each other on here a live fanboy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »