Home

NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #321
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRice
It'd be nuts if the game used DNA to determine how players and teams played in the clutch, for example being down a certain amount of points with under 2 minutes remaining. I'm pretty sure stats like that are tracked. Also, it'd be really cool if the AI was up by three with four seconds left, they would foul and not allow your team at a chance to tie. Whether they foul or not should be determined by DNA.
Oh yeah most def, I would love for the game to present this much logic to determine what it needs to do in certain situations in the final minutes of a game, that would be crazy and add a large amount of realism to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 07:06 PM   #322
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
goh i didn't really look at any of that stuff at all man. I don't recall seeing it in the menus but like i said i was just playing games for the most part. i also didn't notice or take note of any unlockables.
I'm getting concerned for the dunk contest now. I asked in the ask the dev topic and they didn't answer.

During the main games was there anyway to choose a flashy dunk,basic dunk etc.? I know they've been reduced,just wondering about the control or even if it's like lay ups and you can choose right,left or 2 hands?
Old 09-07-2009, 11:53 PM   #323
Rookie

OVR: 5
Question I forgot to ask and I hope it's not a repeat.

1) Did you feel challenging shots on D affect offensive success more realistically in Live 10, unlike 09?

2) Did they fix the substitutions during free throws? In 09 you couldn't properly sub players in between free throws (please tell me this is fixed).

Thanks.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #324
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan4life
Thanks for the read Czar. I had two question. I heard that the PS3 demo of live will be coming out a week later from the 360? Also had did the Cavs look in the game?
As far as I know your correct about ps3 coming out a week later but i have no official inside info on that. Just what i have heard steph say here.

Cavs looked great. Playing with Lebron is a definite advantage and very very fun. They will be a difficult team to defend against. i used a bunch of their different Jerseys and they all looked great. Also loved the arena in cleveland. Never been to a game there but looked just as good as on tv in game to me.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #325

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercymerc23
When can we expect a czarisode cuz unfortunately i have a ps3 so im hoping to see as much gameplay videos for the week i have to wait for the demo
Hopefully by wednesday !!! If not i may not be invited back ...LOL
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 09:16 AM   #326

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool2fool
When will you be able to put up the video Da_Czar?
Or atleast give me a glimpse of Lebron James by taking a Sreenshot of the video?
cool i have not been authorized to take screen shots. As you can tell by the lack of screenshots anywhere on the internet (all game sites previews using same pictures) they are keeping a close lock on those.

As soon as they release me to though i would have no problem putting up a few shots of the King.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:16 AM   #327
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkpimp007
2) Did they fix the substitutions during free throws? In 09 you couldn't properly sub players in between free throws (please tell me this is fixed).
^^This is a great question!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:20 AM   #328

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by connseanery
Hey Czar,

You mentioned that one of the things that bothered you was that Yao Ming sometimes jumped too high. I felt that aspect was really inaccurate in the 2k series where Ming and others with low vertical ratings would elevate what would appear to be 3 feet off the ground. In general is there a visual distinction between good and poor leapers in Live 2010? Is it evident when rebounding, shot blocking, layups?

Thanks
love that screenname man....Hey actually Yao is the only player that stuck out to me. It was weird becuase i don't recall that happening with anyone else. seemed really out of place to my eyes so i am assuming it was only him.

It is does exhist with other players I just didn't notice it. But in my mind it was not an issue with anyone other than Yao. Further gameplay will let us know for certain.

The second part about visual distinction I will have to look for when i get the game to be certain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »