Home

NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-07-2009, 01:12 PM   #313
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
blackngold i did not venture into the sliders but that was one thing the dev's said was fixed. we had a hearty laugh about the pains us games have sharing sliders "12 clicks from the left....LOL
Czar, thanks for the quick response. I'm glad they fixed it because it definitley was a pain.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #314
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
Im converting. I had 2k last year. It was a great game, but it got boring really quick. Ea sounds like they are bring something new to every possession, something that 2k sucks at tremendously.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #315
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey Czar,

You mentioned that one of the things that bothered you was that Yao Ming sometimes jumped too high. I felt that aspect was really inaccurate in the 2k series where Ming and others with low vertical ratings would elevate what would appear to be 3 feet off the ground. In general is there a visual distinction between good and poor leapers in Live 2010? Is it evident when rebounding, shot blocking, layups?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #316
Rookie

OVR: 4

Been a long time member although I haven't posted much in the last few years. I took a break from sports gaming for a bit but now I am back. It has been a few years since I bought a pro hoops game and was going with 2K at that time. Actually, my roots are from an old Bird vs Dr. J game and Lakers vs Celtics. Anyway, I finally am feeling some really good vibes from NBA Live this year and decided to take the plunge again.

Just wanted to say thanks for the impressions and am looking forward to seeing more in the coming weeks.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #317
Banned

OVR: 12

Czar,

Thanks for your coverage...A couple of questions on the game:

1. Baseline Exploitation - Is this an area that has been addressed?...in previous versions it was far too easy to go baseline and score at will.

2. Transition Defense - Do forwards and Centers get back on D as they should?...Last year it killed me to see Yao Ming outrunning Amare or other smaller post players in the transition game.

3. Manual Rebounding/Boxiing out - Talk to me about it...Does it work and did you feel like you could have a manual impact on going for bounds?

4. Zone Defenses - Your thoughts on how they were implemented in the game...effective and more importantly over-effective???

5. Mid Range game - I always thought most cyber hoop games were too many dunks and too many 3's...How does the mid range game feel in LIVE

Thats all dogg and looking forward to Czarisodes
Old 09-07-2009, 04:23 PM   #318
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Yo Czar I got a question for you here my dude, not sure if it was answered already but there is so many pages to this thread so I thought I'd ask. How does the A.I. respond to clutch time situations? I never really played live 09 to long to see how it was in the clutch but from experiences with 2K where the A.I. just doesn't seem to have a sense of urgency in the clutch, I was wondering if Live 10's A.I. has that clutch time logic to try and get quick baskets when trailing in a close game. Appreciate it in advance man.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #319
Pro

OVR: 7

Hey Czar, i just wanted to say that i think you are the greatest guy i have ever seen on any internet forum . you seem to have the exact tastes in sim gaming as me, and i am VERY confident i will love live 10 becuase of this article and your comments.

have a quick question; will you be releasing a czarisode on wednesday?

basically i will be leaving thursday morning for a week and wont get intenernet access for 10 days. although no problem if your busy and all and cant answer it

anyway it should be a great year for bball games, i know 2k10 will be great, and if live plays as good as it looks then ill have a massie smile on my face for months.

oh and congrats on the baby

~
Idris
Old 09-07-2009, 06:36 PM   #320
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD2084
Yo Czar I got a question for you here my dude, not sure if it was answered already but there is so many pages to this thread so I thought I'd ask. How does the A.I. respond to clutch time situations? I never really played live 09 to long to see how it was in the clutch but from experiences with 2K where the A.I. just doesn't seem to have a sense of urgency in the clutch, I was wondering if Live 10's A.I. has that clutch time logic to try and get quick baskets when trailing in a close game. Appreciate it in advance man.
It'd be nuts if the game used DNA to determine how players and teams played in the clutch, for example being down a certain amount of points with under 2 minutes remaining. I'm pretty sure stats like that are tracked. Also, it'd be really cool if the AI was up by three with four seconds left, they would foul and not allow your team at a chance to tie. Whether they foul or not should be determined by DNA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »