Home

NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Audio

This is a discussion on NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Audio within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #177
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSolutionKMH
i agree with cohouse earlier in this thread. i think people are looking for an excuse to get mad and post about this custom soundtrack situation.

1. console differential has been around since forever.

2. people are given you clear examples of a game(fight night 4) that has custom music on the 360 but not on the PS3 and they had 2 to 3 years development time. the question WHY DID EA, top dog of video games, allow fight night 4 to a feature on one console and not the other?

sony make MLB the show so please stop mention THE SHOW. that game holds no weight in this debate IMO.

i dont believe is 2k fault, its something behind the scene that falls on SONY shoulders has to why the ps3 doesnt have custom soundtrack for nba 2k10
then what about NHL 10 and NCAA 10?
Old 09-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #178
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
what about fight night round 4? what about this and what about that. im sure nhl 10 and ncaa 10 has custom music for both 360 and ps3 and thats great but there are games out here where its more features on one console then the other, fight night round 4 is one of them and all three games are made by EA that i mention.

if u still hung over about this custom music issue then you are naive and looking to cause trouble and promote the competition in your own way

if its 2k fault you can rant on about not buying it but i can come with a counter and say its sony fault and you shouldnt have bought a ps3. this situation has been around since forever so........just let it go and move with the custom music issue, everything else is cool

Last edited by CoHouse2814; 09-06-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:33 AM   #179
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLisFUN
Live will be releasing the demo for 360 on Sep 10 and for PS3 Sep 17.

I think it has more to do with the PS3 just being a difficult product as opposed to the 360.
Great point.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #180
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Can you edit the music in those games? The 360 had the ability to stream music at certain points from day one but unlike the original Xbox you couldn’t edit music so VC didnt implement the custom soundtrack feature and it wwas diabled all the backwards compatible games that had the feature. ffice:smarttags" />lace w:st="on">Kushlace> used it in NHL 2k7 but you had to edit your own music. fficeffice" />>>
Old 09-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #181
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
Can you edit the music in those games? The 360 had the ability to stream music at certain points from day one but unlike the original Xbox you couldn’t edit music so VC didnt implement the custom soundtrack feature and it wwas diabled all the backwards compatible games that had the feature. ffice:smarttags" />lace w:st="on">Kushlace> used it in NHL 2k7 but you had to edit your own music. fficeffice" />>>
well i havent played NHL 10 obviously since its out but it says that custom music is in. In NCAA you can select a song from the songs on your hard drive and have it play after specific situations. So when you get a first down it plays the song you selected for 1st down, touchdown, sack, turnover, timeout, etc. The only game that ive played that you can edit the actual song in the game to start and stop at whatever point you select is The Show. But i only play sports games, ive heard there are other games though that you can do that with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #182
Rookie

OVR: 5
custom arena music sounds ill. However they have to do a better job incorporating our music with the in game music. I personally like the music, crowd sounds and chants, and arena music. I hope we have the option to add our music to give the arena music more diversity. I remember in 2k5 on xbox, the arena music was cool but when you used the music it dismissed the ingame music. Nonetheless if it is situational i will add all jay z instrumentals when LBJ makes a fg.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #183
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindiana
Same here.
I love their games but sometimes there's a part of me wishing that EA deliver a better product so I won't have to buy 2K.
If you're outside the States and a PS3 user you have to feel scr$wed by 2K...
this might be your lucky year then, I seriously think Live 10 will be a viable option for fans of 2k who feel screwed.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:28 AM   #184
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
nba2k5 was a mess to work with.

It's been quite the break for 2ksports on the custom soundtrack being in their games, so im taking it when its finally implemented this year, its done 100% right?

-NBA 2k5 was situational to just 4-5 key events,
---qrt/halftime break, HOME up court, AWAY up court, and a few others.

These were not truly ARENA specific as there was no place to scroll through the arena list and change each arena. In essence, if you wanted specific arena music, you would have to save individual game saves and load them up before the game. Here, it may actually be like NFL 2k5 where each arena has a menu. We could only hope.

More questions to ponder,

-Will reverb be added and will there be any options in game to edit that in?
-Will the music cut out ? how truly seamless is this?
-Will the custom soundtracks substitute in for the in game custom sounds already there, such as player specific PA noises.
-How many situations are we looking at?
FT made
FT miss
3pt make
3 pt miss
deadball
end of 1st, 2nd ,3rd, 4th
foul out
-Will 2k10 implement a system where individual players have a soundbit attached to them when shots are made, to be played through the PA system.

You cant just implement something Half way, like nba2k5.

It better be right
amen brother you are exactly correct. They did a terrible job with nba 2k5. however nba 2k10 was done well especially I think that was the 1st game that had been done for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »