Home

NBA Live 10 Blog: Shooting the Rock

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Blog: Shooting the Rock within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #353
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Live 10 Blog: Shooting the Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
yeah, I hear you...to me, some of the animations just dont look natural...kind of jerky to me...Everyones view on it is different I guess. Me, I prefer something that looks and has the smoothness of a true to life basketball move....and some of the motions dont reflect that to me...

I want to be able to say "Man, that totally looks like something that D Wade would do...." when im playing w\ D Wade. He may be quicker, better handles, maybe even shoot like D Wade....but I want to see him finish at the basket\ make moves different from everyone else... that makes a big difference to me...
Yeah I feel you on that and I honestly feel like Live 10 is going to deliver on that front. I liked the player differentiation I saw in the shooting tutorial.

I think your problem is harder to overcome though because that's just the way the game animates and its something I don't see changing.

Maybe once you get your hands on the game you'll be able to look past it. I feel like for most of the guys here if it plays a good game of ball people will play it.

And I think that's all that matters in the end anyway, because videogames are meant to be played not watched.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #354
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Yeah I feel you on that and I honestly feel like Live 10 is going to deliver on that front. I liked the player differentiation I saw in the shooting tutorial.

I think your problem is harder to overcome though because that's just the way the game animates and its something I don't see changing.

Maybe once you get your hands on the game you'll be able to look past it. I feel like for most of the guys here if it plays a good game of ball people will play it.

And I think that's all that matters in the end anyway, because videogames are meant to be played not watched.
Yea man you couldnt say it any better br0..Good looking on that..Thats why i say die hard live fans will be amazed at what live 10 is doing this year overall and i use to play the crap out of nba live 05 day in and day out and when i seen nba live 10 in videos i was like ohhhhhhhhh snapp. Nba live 10 doesnt need 100000 animations to make it look smooth and thats what people are use to you know. Its all about fundamental basketball and the controls,macanics,everything about live 10 brings it..I cant wait untill thursday
Old 09-06-2009, 04:36 PM   #355
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
yeah, I hear you...to me, some of the animations just dont look natural...kind of jerky to me...Everyones view on it is different I guess. Me, I prefer something that looks and has the smoothness of a true to life basketball move....and some of the motions dont reflect that to me...

I want to be able to say "Man, that totally looks like something that D Wade would do...." when im playing w\ D Wade. He may be quicker, better handles, maybe even shoot like D Wade....but I want to see him finish at the basket\ make moves different from everyone else... that makes a big difference to me...
You're not alone 24th, I'm with you. Although Live has really good animations, but to me it's still herky jerky. Jano was right, 2k is deliberate and much slower so you can see how the animations branches out. Live's animation I think is too quick on branching their animations that's why people see it as herky jerky.

Not dissing live at all here people, I'm getting both games just not sure how! hahahaa! Man, I've watched that 5-on-5 gameplay video for the 54th time now! The atmosphere is just plain sick!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #356
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
You're not alone 24th, I'm with you. Although Live has really good animations, but to me it's still herky jerky. Jano was right, 2k is deliberate and much slower so you can see how the animations branches out. Live's animation I think is too quick on branching their animations that's why people see it as herky jerky.

Not dissing live at all here people, I'm getting both games just not sure how! hahahaa! Man, I've watched that 5-on-5 gameplay video for the 54th time now! The atmosphere is just plain sick!
Yall use to watching 2k...So anything different will look strange to you
Old 09-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #357
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

I think that Live has the speed and the efficiency of NBA players down pat.

Where as 2K really nails it when it comes to having every player move and respond like they would in real life.

I hope yall understand what I'm saying here.

So some like one style over the other but, luckily it looks this year you won't go wrong once you settle on which game you like better.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #358
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Where as 2K really nails it when it comes to having every player move and respond like they would in real life.

So some like one style over the other but, luckily it looks this year you won't go wrong once you settle on which game you like better.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #359
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxX syntax XxX
Yall use to watching 2k...So anything different will look strange to you
- That's the thing, if 2k basketball didn't exist, I won't be saying Live has herky jerky animations. It's just 2k got it right at least IMO.

Quote:

- Well said my friend. 2k is very authentic. 2k Captures NBA player movements right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yes Sage,
Old 09-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #360
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite

Yes Sage,