Home

Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name?

This is a discussion on Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 07:01 AM   #241
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Black College Football - The Xperience: What's Behind the Name?

pushed back to Sept 22nd now?

blah.. i don't care how bad the game is or will be, i'm just dying to play anything but madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #242
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
Another HBCU Graduate here; Morehouse College. I can't say I'm surprised at the many people being "offended" by this "racist" game. But truth is, there is NOTHING racist about this game, it is simply a college football game that uses HBCU's. But you would be surprised (or not) at the many people who don't know that HBCU's even exist or that they are some sort of urban legend or myth; or if they did exist then they are not "sophisticated" enough to play organized sports.

When I graduated, even people in the state of Georgia didn't know what Morehouse was. I distinctively remember my mom calling 411 for the number and the operator was clueless and insisted that she meant to say "Morehead" instead.

There is no use in arguing with the ignorant people here who claim this game is racist. They are clueless and what's even worse they refuse to LEARN about something before making inaccurate comments. Maybe the name throws some people off, but perhaps a little more research would have revealed that Black College in the title of the game refers to the HBCU's themselves, and NOT simply being a game about "Black football".

Admittedly, I wasn't much into college football either at my school or Division 1-A when I was in college, but now that I'm older that has changed. I stopped buying EA sports games after the 2006 editions and I see no reason for me to purchase their latest edition either. My last football game was APF 2K8 however this game has sparked my interest and I will definetely be checking it out. I think its a wonderful idea and commend them for having the guts to make this game in spite of the many who claim it promotes segregation.
I'm White, can I attend Morehouse ?
Old 09-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #243
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Why not?
Old 09-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #244
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
White valedictorian: A first for historically black Morehouse

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/05/16/whi...ian/index.html

You can attend but graduating is another thing.

Peace
Old 09-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #245
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

This country has problems with race, politics, and religion. That is one reason this site asks us politely to refrain from said topics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #246
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
You can attend but graduating is another thing.
Peace
one for you.... good one

Last edited by TDKing; 09-06-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #247
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Black College Football - The Xperience: What's behind the Name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Some people I think are proud of their ignorance, instead of asking questions they make uniformed unintelligent remarks. The greatest Running back and greatest WR ever both came from Black colleges, Jerry Rice and Walter Payton. So Im glad that the article was written hopefully the knuckle heads will look at this and retract their previous statements.
lol.

but seriously, the 'ignorance' (before this article and those who didn't read it) is a little justified. What is someone supposed to think who just sees the name in a store? Why didn't they use the abbreviation HBCU?
People aren't required as a prerequisit to do research on other titles and other titles off the top of my head don't really provide the opportunity to misjudge.

All I'm saying is, what did you expect? like if you're black and saw the same title but white, with all white people on the cover - I'm not convinced everyone would do any research before judging.

and as one of the more recent well-toughtout posts even suggests....yes now other racial backgrounds can attend, he also admitted some of his allum collegues don't like that idea of white people attending. If they are so enlightened about their school's history, why would they feel that way? and what does that sentiment say about those schools? And don't they in a way validate all those 'ignorant' comments?
Old 09-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #248
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Black College Football - The Xperience: What's behind the Name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
lol.

but seriously, the 'ignorance' (before this article and those who didn't read it) is a little justified. What is someone supposed to think who just sees the name in a store? Why didn't they use the abbreviation HBCU?
People aren't required as a prerequisit to do research on other titles and other titles off the top of my head don't really provide the opportunity to misjudge.

All I'm saying is, what did you expect? like if you're black and saw the same title but white, with all white people on the cover - I'm not convinced everyone would do any research before judging.

and as one of the more recent well-toughtout posts even suggests....yes now other racial backgrounds can attend, he also admitted some of his allum collegues don't like that idea of white people attending. If they are so enlightened about their school's history, why would they feel that way? and what does that sentiment say about those schools? And don't they in a way validate all those 'ignorant' comments?
Well, now you know. There are close minded folks in every institution. We are blessed that moderate thinking and acting folks are winning out. I don't blame you because our country has a memory of fruit flies especially things we want to forget. We don't teach history but dates and events and clearly this aspect of American history isn't being taught.

Peace
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »