Home

NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Audio

This is a discussion on NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Audio within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-05-2009, 08:53 AM   #161
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Audio

Does any basketball game on the PS3 allow custom soundtracks this year?

Apparently, Fight Night 4 did the same thing - custom on 360, not available on the PS3. Now what?

I think since the PS3 is harder to program for; 2k just couldn't get it in before their deadline for development. As a programmer, even the most simple things to the customer can be a nightmare to develop and implement. Should it be in the game for PS3 users - sure! Am I mad because they don't have it - no. However, it is your money so buy a basketball game on the PS3 that implements custom sound tracks and has the other features you want. That makes sense to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #162
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

I skipped NBA 2k9 last year. 2K listened to their fans and I will be 100% behind them buying NBA 2k10 this year.

I love 2k as they do listen to what their fans have to say. I am extremely excited that they upgraded and rewrote the commentary and added arena specific sounds and music!

Thank you!
Old 09-05-2009, 10:58 AM   #163
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
Does any basketball game on the PS3 allow custom soundtracks this year?

Apparently, Fight Night 4 did the same thing - custom on 360, not available on the PS3. Now what?

I think since the PS3 is harder to program for; 2k just couldn't get it in before their deadline for development. As a programmer, even the most simple things to the customer can be a nightmare to develop and implement. Should it be in the game for PS3 users - sure! Am I mad because they don't have it - no. However, it is your money so buy a basketball game on the PS3 that implements custom sound tracks and has the other features you want. That makes sense to me.
The Show does it.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #164
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

yes but The Show was made from Sony...if anything those guys are more knowledgeable when programming for the PS3....im going with Pared with what he said earlier in the thread about this feature being a last minute thing and that they just had problems implementing it on the PS3....*shrug* who knows....
Old 09-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #165
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
^^ spank he was being sarcastic i know its hard to read sarcasm online but i caught on that as soon as i read it...gave me a good chuckle
**oops** thx, my apologies akiracy - I definitely didn't catch that lol

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #166
Rookie

OVR: 7

i agree with cohouse earlier in this thread. i think people are looking for an excuse to get mad and post about this custom soundtrack situation.

1. console differential has been around since forever.

2. people are given you clear examples of a game(fight night 4) that has custom music on the 360 but not on the PS3 and they had 2 to 3 years development time. the question WHY DID EA, top dog of video games, allow fight night 4 to a feature on one console and not the other?

sony make MLB the show so please stop mention THE SHOW. that game holds no weight in this debate IMO.

i dont believe is 2k fault, its something behind the scene that falls on SONY shoulders has to why the ps3 doesnt have custom soundtrack for nba 2k10
Old 09-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #167
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

It really doesn't matter whose fault it is, Sony or 2K. I'm not sure why some of you are dismissing people's anger with the situation when they have every right to be mad. They're paying the exact same as everyone else so they should get the exact same game. It's really not that complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #168
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The Show does it.
Exactly. So they should buy "The Show". I can understand that people are mad. I just think we wonder if they are mad at EA when it's done in other games.

At any rate, I think if they are upset that it's not in the game for PS3, they should not purchase it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »