Home

NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Audio

This is a discussion on NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Audio within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-05-2009, 04:22 AM   #153
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
laugh as much as you want but you should only take a look at different forums over there to realize that there're lots former 2k fans ps3 users thinkin about it.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:22 AM   #154
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Custom PA has been done with MLB 09 The Show and PES 2009, the latter had custom soundtracks and allowed you to use mp3 files and assign them to every team as custom chants etc. And correct me if I'm wrong but it was only on the PS3 version too. The game was released in October last year.

There are plenty of other games that have normal custom soundtracks, the wonderful folk at Criterion even patched it into the PS3 version of Burnout Paradise after its initial release.

How is it Sony's fault when it can be done and has been done in the past?

Rant over.
I didn't know that. In that case, it's dissapointing 2K aren't doing it for the PS3 (as far as we know).

Again though, EA didn't do it for FN4...I am guessing there's a reason companies aren't doing it?
Old 09-05-2009, 05:31 AM   #155
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
laugh as much as you want but you should only take a look at different forums over there to realize that there're lots former 2k fans ps3 users thinkin about it.
ok so what happens if Live does the same thing...having this feature only for 360 and not on the PS3? What then? If you look at the release date for their Demo the PS3 demo doesnt come out till a week later. The combine came out first then PS3 later on....Are you PS3 fans not seeing a trend at all?

I really dont think the blame should be put on EA nor 2K at all....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2009, 08:00 AM   #156
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
ok so what happens if Live does the same thing...having this feature only for 360 and not on the PS3? What then? If you look at the release date for their Demo the PS3 demo doesnt come out till a week later. The combine came out first then PS3 later on....Are you PS3 fans not seeing a trend at all?

I really dont think the blame should be put on EA nor 2K at all....
in that sense the blame is on sony of course, i'm not defending sony at all!and i'm not defending Live neither, i love nba 2k games man.
But for me there're different issues the release date of a demo and a different final version of a game (a simple port from 360 without some features). I don't know why you take it so personal bc i'm only tryin to defend something that i consider legitimate. i understand all american 360 users that think:"****! here is this dude cryin again..." since they have everything that can be asked for, but try just to imagine you are in the other shore, would you just assume it and don't say a word??
Old 09-05-2009, 08:18 AM   #157
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

well i have all 3 systems and 360 gets all the playing time...PS3 for me is just collecting dust but im getting Live (yay a loop hole an excuse to get Live ) for the PS3 so i can finally play something (other than Blu-ray movies) on that thing...

Truth is if PS3 did have this feature only i really wouldnt care! Since i dont use my systems to stream music!! im just too lazy to upload music to the 360 and PS3...all im saying is that you gotta see both sides here...EA demo is being released a week later on the PS3 and i wouldnt be surprised at all if 2k's demo did the same!

Its mostly on Sony's side is what im saying and people are just way to quick to jump on 2k...its all probably some technical mumbo jumbo that they couldnt get it to work properly...hell they dont have this feature for the PC and i have a **** ton of music loaded up on the PC....so its all tech issues...

Last edited by Goffs; 09-05-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:25 AM   #158
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiracy
its clearly 2ks way of getting back at sony for having the better baseball game
Wow - this type of thinking is hilarious and scary at the same time

I haven't read the entire thread, but people complaining should wonder where's the benefit for a multi-platform developer to leave off a feature if they're not getting paid to do so (make it exclusive). It doesn't make sense to purposely anger/disappoint gamers on one system just for the hell of it - "[2K] being mad at Sony for having the better baseball game" notwithstanding

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-05-2009, 08:31 AM   #159
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

^^ spank he was being sarcastic i know its hard to read sarcasm online but i caught on that as soon as i read it...gave me a good chuckle
Old 09-05-2009, 08:40 AM   #160
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddie ro
alot of people is complaining about no custom soundtrack for ps3. its not 2k fault. while playing a game on ps3 you cant listen to music at the same time because of sony . so take it up with sony and stop blaming 2k
how is sony to blame? You can put custom music on NCAA 10, NHL 10, MLB the Show as well as other games so its not like its a feature that can't be done on the PS3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »