Home

NBA Live 10 Blog: Shooting the Rock

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Blog: Shooting the Rock within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #265
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: New Blog is up!!! "Shooting the Rock"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
every point raised may not garner a discussion but I feel the intent of what your saying stumbles posts rarely got discussed other than your a blatent live fan also

i agree the us vs them thing is ridiculous. my only point is its ridiculous all over not just here. And in that 2k thread guys were taking some very very good shots at stumble and I did not see you step in there as you do here. That is all i was saying. If its being called the same all over i have NO problem with it.

I believe it to be an issue with perception rather than reality. All of us could make a video absolutely destroying one game or the other. Again going back to your post I really really liked that because that says is a fair manner...

Listen its not going to be perfect so what can we realistically hold them accountable for and push for while still being in the realm of reality. i think if we can all do that we can both foster conversation about improvements while still being able to be a fan of the genre and stepping back and saying you know what These guys kicked some butt this year. Not perfect but from where they came from this looks great. To say that without being labeled as a "simple" gamer would be great.

Live has Stunk up the gym for so long it takes nothing away from 2k to say live is back. Because it is in the sense that its not completely broken.

I just like for things to be fair. no disrespect or ill will intended. i am not that type of guy.
I tot i was the only one feeling this... Thanks Czar for pointing that out!

Last edited by ronimous; 09-04-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 10:57 PM   #266
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: NBA Live 10 Blog: Shooting the Rock

POSITIVES:
-Live looks very real now. At times during the 10 min 5v5 gameplay I thought I was actually watching a real NBA footage.
Example: Utah vs Toronto clip.
-The animations , cross overs , shots look better. I wasn't cringing as much as previous Live installments. The layups don't look too great though.
-The praying manthis like movements have been toned down.
- I like how when a player gets injured the player limps and stuff . Thing I didn't like is that Derozan limped down the court then all of a sudden he's playing on the defensive end like nothing happened.
-Like how players fight for position on the post.
-The stadium's sound amazing. Like how they were chanting DEFENSE during that UTAH/TORONTO clip.

NEGATIVES:
-The passing sucks. The way they hand it off to each other , the way they pass to each other overall. Just looks bad. The A.I. player fails to disrupt a pass that's right in front of him.
For example starting 0:59 , Wade + Marshall bounce pass to each other right through two defenders. Those two defenders got their pixels disrespected.
-The shot blocking does not look good at all .
So many instances where defenders just swing at nothing. Like they swing the opposite way the ball is going .
- One thing that kills some of the immersion for me is that players receive passes without even looking. Just watch any fastbreaks in that video and you'll see what i'm talking about. Players just stare straight into oblivion on fastbreaks.
- The commentary is bad. Marv just doesn't seem right.
I laughed how Marv Knew Derozon's injury before it even occurred.
-There's no umph on those rims when a player dunks . The net animations are lacking.

Overall I applaud the devs for improving Live but i'm still not sold on buying it. I'll probably rent it.

Last edited by -DaVe-; 09-04-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:58 PM   #267
Rookie

OVR: 2
Let me just say that I am 100% a 2k fan. That being said I just want to say that this is a huge step for Live. This may be the biggest step between two games we have seen in a long time. While i will check out the demo, I am sticking with 2k. However, I am happy for Live fans because it will finally pay off that you stay dedicated to one game. Good job to the developers. I didnt expect Live to be competing again this early. 2k has some work to do.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:11 PM   #268
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by awr0430
Let me just say that I am 100% a 2k fan. That being said I just want to say that this is a huge step for Live. This may be the biggest step between two games we have seen in a long time. While i will check out the demo, I am sticking with 2k. However, I am happy for Live fans because it will finally pay off that you stay dedicated to one game. Good job to the developers. I didnt expect Live to be competing again this early. 2k has some work to do.
i am a bigger 2k fan than you but i am getting both. its better to be a basketball fan than be biased
Old 09-04-2009, 11:14 PM   #269
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
i am a bigger 2k fan than you but i am getting both. its better to be a basketball fan than be biased
I completely agree
Old 09-04-2009, 11:46 PM   #270
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18

I was able differentiate between every player that was showcased on the tut vid before mike mentioned the name...i immediately knew that was broy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter
Old 09-05-2009, 12:01 AM   #271
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: New Blog is up!!! "Shooting the Rock"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Those post game highlights were just SICK. I can't wait to get this game in my hands. Absolutely a thing of beauty. Atmosphere is insane, graphically, looks like a real game. Player antics are a thing of beauty... All around, amazed thus far.
THIS.

WOW! JUST WOW! Sooo many shot options in the game! Graphics looks fantastic! Replays on dead ball, Bargnani got hit in the head and he was checking himself if there's blood - FANTASTIC!!! Atmosphere in regular season, and in the playoffs is AMAZING!!!! Off ball movements are really smooooth! players spacing is GREAT!!!!

Broadcast (zoom out view) FTMW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2009, 12:05 AM   #272
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
I wish I could afford both. I don't mean that sarcastically, I just mean I honestly wish I could afford both.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »