Home

NBA Live 10 Blog: Shooting the Rock

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Blog: Shooting the Rock within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2009, 09:14 PM   #257
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 10 Blog: Shooting the Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool2fool
Looks like they didn't make a 1 year leap from 09 to 10 but rather took NBA live 06 and built on top of me... The graphic looks alot like live 06 and that one dribble move from live 06 pop up now and then....
Live 06 have real time cutscene just like this and player model is very similar...
From my imo it looks like they took nba live 10 to the next level..Everything about nba live 10 is alive and fresh
Old 09-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #258
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

3 things....

1) The control in Live (ie the first vid) is amazing. No version of live since the ps2 days had anywhere near this amount of control as seen in vid # 1.

2) As a Raptor fan, it wouldn't be right if I didn't nitpick at the Raptors/Jazz vid...but.......(note for the Live 11 audio department) never in the history of the Toronto Raptors (well, i'm like 95% sure of this) has a chant "Go Raptors Go" ever happened. It has and always will be "Let's Go Raptors"........LOL. Not a big deal but I'm just pointing it out.

3) Can someone from the EA side of things please clarify the DEMO release date for the PS3 ?? Sept 10th or 17th ???

Anyways, I thought the gameplay vid was amazing and being an avid Live player since waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back (Lakers vs Celtics),, bought a Ps2 to play Live 2001 and even purchased and played Live 07 on the 360. These vids show that the Live series has finally got the attention to detail to become a premiere sports game. Even compared to Live 09, Live 10 looks light years ahead of 09.

Great work !

Last edited by Mintsa; 09-04-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #259
Pro

Aces15's Arena

OVR: 13

In one word, that was: IMPRESSIVE.

Granted I don't understand why some of you are creaming your pants already without getting your hands on the game, but those videos were still really nice.

I can say, without a doubt in my mind, that was the best looking Madison Square Garden I have ever seen in any basketball video game. Oh and they had Al chucking just about every opportunity he got, like he does in real life
Old 09-04-2009, 09:46 PM   #260
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces15
In one word, that was: IMPRESSIVE.

Granted I don't understand why some of you are creaming your pants already without getting your hands on the game, but those videos were still really nice.

I can say, without a doubt in my mind, that was the best looking Madison Square Garden I have ever seen in any basketball video game. Oh and they had Al chucking just about every opportunity he got, like he does in real life
From all hands-on impressions I've read, the game feels better than it looks, so I'm not worried about that aspect.

Live 09 felt solid, it's the animations and suction that ruined the game for most, and both of these problems seem to be improved a lot for Live 10.

And I agree with you about MSG, Live really seems to have killed it with the colors and lighting of all the arenas this year which is great to see.

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html

Last edited by blingballa333; 09-04-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #261
Rookie

OVR: 6

cheers:

MY GOD! i only just seen a couple of MINUTES ONLY but i have to see the rest of the shooting tutorial but DAAAAMN!!!! kobe is so f****** fluid! i cant believe this
i might think what game imma get first. my goodness how can anyone recover from this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #262
Pro

P21J's Arena

OVR: 12

Lovin these vids soooo much. Thanks again dev team!
Oh, and that yell when Melo drove was ill. Hopefully us ps3 users will get the demo next week
MLB: New York Yankees
SOCCER: Real Madrid/ Man United
Old 09-04-2009, 10:15 PM   #263
Rookie

OVR: 6

Hey P21J, what's your PS3 tag?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #264
Banned

OVR: 26

Simply awesome. The controls are so snappy, fluid, and deep. Best I have ever seen in any basketball game. From the dribbling, to the shooting, and defense.

Add Synergy, playbooks, improvements across the board. Live is looking like it has the total package. It has more life to it than other basketball game too. The spacing and team AI seem a notch above the rest.

Nice

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »