Home

NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Audio

This is a discussion on NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Audio within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #105
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Commentary "sounds" great. Wish they would've given us a small sample though...
I tend to believe them since Chase and ESPN both confirmed it was improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #106
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Yeah, I just want to hear it. I'm not doubting them really, I just wish they'd give us more than words in these insights..
Old 09-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #107
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Yeah, I just want to hear it. I'm not doubting them really, I just wish they'd give us more than words in these insights..

I guess I'm different. This is what I expected. I didnt expect to see videos until Mid September. Just a bunch of articles and impressions cause thats what they always do. These words alone have convinced me I'm buying this game based on last year's game and the combine. The other game has to show me because of past performance (and they have done a great job at this).

Do I think it will be as good as they say it is? No. But it never is with any game.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #108
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15

One thing I want to know...

Obviously, the updated information will be carried over from the previous day. Does that mean the commentators will be saying the same information? Will they mention "Kobe had a big game last night" everytime, or will it be more like "Kobe's continuing his hot streak from last night" or "Kobe has hit a cold spell after the show he put on last night"?
Old 09-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #109
Rookie

syk_skillz's Arena

OVR: 6

Developers have on many occasions said developing for PS3 is harder then doing so for Xbox 360. This is the reason games are ported over from 360 to PS3 in development on most occasions. Due to the systems different specs this causes game makers to be able to use 360's strengths on games but once put on PS3 developers have to get rid of some things since both systems engines run differently and developers just get lazy to the point of not trying to figure out ways for a workaround on problems working on the PS3 version of games

This is why many times on multi-platform games graphics seem better and run smoother on 360. PS3 may not have custom music due to it being a much bigger task to execute then on 360. If this is the case this would be the blame of both Sony and 2KSports.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 7
Icon12 Re: NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Audio

How can you guys say blame Sony when I play MLB 09 the Show and not only do i have over 100 of my own songs playing as the games soundtrack, I also have every batter/pitcher on my team with their very own walk-up/entrance music. Even got "Hawks" homerun call on there.

If 2k wanted to do it, they would have copied whatever Sony did when making The Show. Clearly it was too much work for them. I'm still buying the game though
Old 09-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #111
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You were probably confusing it with NBA2k5 which was totally situational and was implemented horribly. They did not master the imported songs correctly so all of the imported songs sounded much louder then the other songs.
nba2k5 was a mess to work with.

It's been quite the break for 2ksports on the custom soundtrack being in their games, so im taking it when its finally implemented this year, its done 100% right?

-NBA 2k5 was situational to just 4-5 key events,
---qrt/halftime break, HOME up court, AWAY up court, and a few others.

These were not truly ARENA specific as there was no place to scroll through the arena list and change each arena. In essence, if you wanted specific arena music, you would have to save individual game saves and load them up before the game. Here, it may actually be like NFL 2k5 where each arena has a menu. We could only hope.

More questions to ponder,

-Will reverb be added and will there be any options in game to edit that in?
-Will the music cut out ? how truly seamless is this?
-Will the custom soundtracks substitute in for the in game custom sounds already there, such as player specific PA noises.
-How many situations are we looking at?
FT made
FT miss
3pt make
3 pt miss
deadball
end of 1st, 2nd ,3rd, 4th
foul out
-Will 2k10 implement a system where individual players have a soundbit attached to them when shots are made, to be played through the PA system.

You cant just implement something Half way, like nba2k5.

It better be right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #112
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Mlb 09 has great custom music. Reverb and fade outs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »