Home

NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #201
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar

Oh. My. Goodness. I can't wait to try this game next week! Great preview, Czar!

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 11:07 AM   #202
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic

Thanks for the score update mate I enjoy seeing these updates when either game has info/media released.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #203
Pro

OVR: 14

Great preview Da_Czar...

Thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions. Just very happy that Live is finally shaping up again and will be a contender this year.

Congrats on the little one and enjoy it... It's something very special! Not much sleep for you with the little one and the new NBA (videogame) season around the corner :-)..
Old 09-04-2009, 11:20 AM   #204
Rookie

OVR: 12

great write up! Loving everything you said.

Finally!! It seems like my boy wade got the respect he deserves in these video games cause every other year he just didn't seem as good as he should be.

Im loving how you said some of the stars took over the game. Now that is too realistic and im loving it.

Hey czar did you play with any team twice? and if so did you see the same pre game ritual or was there different ones for each team?
Old 09-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #205
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

My favorite bits: the different tempos and authentic playbooks seemingly being all they were cracked up to be, the different feels for each player, and having a game where 12-minute quarters can actually work. All of that is incredible.

BUT -- the talk of player movement has me over the moon. I was so tired of feeling not in control of basic movements (mostly in 2K, but also in Live 09 when you got stuck in the lowered shoulder defensive interaction), and all this talk about slight LS pressure, varying cutbacks depending on your speed, angle, and how you move the stick, players having different speeds for different moves... WOW. Add to that being able to break out of dribble moves at any time and I'm completely sold. Can't wait to try it myself next Thursday, but at this point, it's a release day buy for sure... I trust my man Da_Czar too much and know we're on the same page more often than not... can't ignore the positivity and excitement coming from him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #206
Chi-Town Hustla

deebo2246's Arena

OVR: 10

I must say it is nice to see how the basketball landscape is blossoming right before our eyes. It looks as though Live may have its swagger back and it has been sorely missed by the ol' skool gamers. I look forward to learning the nuances of this game and its competitior. I am leaning toward Live for my franchise play and 2K for its "My Player" mode.

Best of Both Worlds
Old 09-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #207
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thanks for the info Czar. Pierce actually has different sets of jumpshots. Thats just plain awesome right there. Im also glad to see that KG's jumper looks good. Live 10 is sounding incredible right now. I cant wait for the demo.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #208
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

It has almost been a tossup on which game to get this year. Live was my game of choice last year over 2k for the first time in like forever. Now with this read up I must say that I only have time for one game, and LIVE seems to be what I will be settling on, one of the main reasons being I bought the NBA combine yesterday and came away really upset, it was blah to me, if I could get a refund I would ask, I;m not saying I won't still mess with it but to me it's really not worth it.

From some of the videos I have seen to far, Live just looks just to good to pass up this year.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »