Home

NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #121
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06

Were you able to use the freestyle passing effectively? Did it feel natural or was it too flashy?

Did you see the Triangle offense in action?
Freestyle passing may be the biggest hoop game invention since the shot stick for 2k for me. I literally don't like passing any other way. And it boggles my mind now why the games i play now stop my momentum when I'm passing on the run.

Very well implemented I hardly ever passed to someone i didn't mean to pass to. Words can't describe how sweet and rewarding it is to see a man open and hit em with that sweet dimage.... my capture room sounding like this "Dam....Nice ... Ohhhhhh (hi pitched)" LOL

lakers are a problem in this game man. i played a game where kobe finished with 28 , artest had 18 and pau had like 24. The shot distribution is a thing of beauty.

I was being blown out by the lakers one game and kobe played in the 4th but wasn't aggressive. then the next game I had cleveland @ LA and in the 4th had them down like 8.

The Kobe turned into the Mamba and it was lights out. Kobe is a problem.... Dwade is a problem.... It was surreal. i have certainly played games where the players had the right animations. and in live 09 most times they were in the right positions. But I would have sworn to you when I played the game they had the right mindsets.

they would attack just like you would expect. Playing miami dwade was not deferring. there were some possessions where He would get the ball and just do that Iso thing and if you stopped him He would back out and go again.

Again I want to play more to see if this is an anomoly. Its like they somehow captured those guys mental state.... Again its something i want to see again for myself but it was just uncanny.

honestly i don't like making these statements because I don't want the hype to get out of control the game is not perfect. But I would be lying to you if I said that wasn't what was in my mind as I played.
so take that for what its worth. i desperately want the game in my environment so i can see how deep this thing is.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 10:43 PM   #122

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs2305
HA! I am glad to hear that my short demo impressions haven't fooled me. Did you see anything about Dynamic Season Mode since you played the final version? Well I guess even if, you probably wouldn't be allowed to talk about it. However superb write-up. Love reading your stuff...

and congratulations...!!!
dyammic season is.......... The f*****g BOMB ! That is all I can say...
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #123
Banned

OVR: 26

^^ wow
Old 09-03-2009, 10:45 PM   #124

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyo06
Congrats on the baby fam. my little one just turned 3 months this week!
Thank you and great for you man enjoy every little moment cause before you know it he/she will be walking around not wanting any kisses or anything...LOL
Old 09-03-2009, 10:46 PM   #125

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I probably already know the answer to this question.

Da Czar did you get to look at the PS3 version?
No I did not. It was 360 central !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #126
MVP

OVR: 36

Congrats Czar and wow cant wait to hear what dynamic season is....

Does Live still have that thing where when you pass out of the post to the weakside the player catching the ball always has his foot on the line? Not sure if your realized this in 09 but it cost me tons of games where I needed a 3 to tie it up and the player caught the ball with his foot on the line.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #127
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
dyammic season is.......... The f*****g BOMB ! That is all I can say...
The only hang up I have left with Live. I want to know what this is. I have a guess.....
Old 09-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #128

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
Thanks for the impressions Czar, I've got one quick question for you.
Did you play with the Blazers? If so, can you comment on how they played and what signature shots were good/bad (stretching it I know). If you didn't, did you notice anybody looking far off from their real life counterpart?

Thanks
I played against the blazers and they are a very good team. Mr roy will be a handy weapon for you. Aldridge J was finding its target and The Big fellah down low really bothered shots in and around the basket. i'm sorry man i saw soo much that i can't accurately comment on the Jumpers. Visually no one looked really bad but again i was playing and not really examining the players likenesses but i knew who everyone was by sight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »