Home

NBA 2K10 Q&A

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Q&A within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 10:23 PM   #249
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K10 Q&A

Yea, if they're breaking down audio, it'd be nice to see some side by side comparison videos like they did for 2K8 vs. 2K9 in MLB. I saw those on Youtube when I first heard about 2K10's new approach to commentary and those videos really helped show me the potential of no stitch commentary. Something similar for 2K10 would be dope.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:25 AM   #250
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just a quick question regarding the player attributes. Will there be an explanation of what they all do this year?

For example, last year there was confusion over what the "dunk" attribute did, we later found out it only affected the types of dunks someone can do and not the success of the dunk. I wanted to know because there is "Shot Inside" and "Close Shot". Am I right in guessing that shot inside would affect layup/dunk success and not the layup/dunk attribute itself? It would be good if someone could clear up what all of the attributes actually affect, especially now when we have a my player mode, and those decision mean even more than before!!

Thanks in advance 2k.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:24 AM   #251
Rookie

mot5082's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkamaphone
Just a quick question regarding the player attributes. Will there be an explanation of what they all do this year?

For example, last year there was confusion over what the "dunk" attribute did, we later found out it only affected the types of dunks someone can do and not the success of the dunk. I wanted to know because there is "Shot Inside" and "Close Shot". Am I right in guessing that shot inside would affect layup/dunk success and not the layup/dunk attribute itself? It would be good if someone could clear up what all of the attributes actually affect, especially now when we have a my player mode, and those decision mean even more than before!!

Thanks in advance 2k.
Yeah i think someone posted that shot inside affected the success of layups/maybe dunks as well. It makes sense to think dunk rating affects the types of dunk again. That would help explain why extreme dunks are only unlocked with an 80 overall. But the dev said that these dunks have a greater chance at missing. That leads me to believe that maybe if you raise your Shot Inside raised high you have a way better chance at making those dunks. So I assume that someone with 85 dunk and 70 shot inside will make the same dunk more often than a player with 90 dunk and 65 shot inside. I think dunk does however affect the ability to dunk in traffic (at least that's what it says while you're creating your CAP).

JUST MY TWO CENTS

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 01:46 AM   #252
Rookie

Thanks Mot, that does seem to make sense. Hopefully having a higher dunk rating affects the power and success of a dunk in and around traffic like you said, otherwise the only advantage of increasing your dunk rating would be to get the more advanced moves.

Hopefully someone on the inside can give a list of the exact influences each attribute has on the players abilities in the game. Otherwise how are we to know how to spend our skill points??

Last edited by hulkamaphone; 09-03-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #253
Rookie

Where is the draft combine for PS3. Ive been lookin all over the psn and cant find it.Im starting to getfrustrated.

Live.For.Life
Old 09-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #254
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkamaphone

Thanks in advance 2k.

Look for Rashidis detailed post about that ... the real 2k insider ... it might be around the roster section ...
Old 09-04-2009, 03:00 AM   #255

in mid air's Arena

OVR: 13

question: During timeouts do players still stand in a huddle? or do they also sit down on the bench to rest? thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #256
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
What are the "Association Mode" achievements based on?
Bump.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »