Home

NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2009, 09:49 PM   #89
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar

Oh man, I don't know which title to pick up. Live is looking legit this year.

Did you have a chance to play Dynasty, Czar? Sorry if you already answered it, I didn't go through all 9 pages.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #90
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPESQUAD V3NOM
lol u guys are crazy...i dnt have nothing against EA i love EA's work..lol...i love madden i used too love LIVE (04) but all im sayin is dat games feel unfinished...i kno i kno ur human and cnt be perfect...blah blah blah...but damn...well like i said i dnt have anything against EA...sooo everybody shut up and wen dis game comes out ur gnna have another blog about how bad this game is and how to imporve next yr and about a patch dat will change nuttin bout the game...so shhhhhhhhhhhh
Actually I played the final and not the demo. I am sure there are more things i could have missed but the core gameplay is as or more solid than any other game we have played. Control wise it is the best I have laid my hands on. That part can't be explained you have to experience it. just my 2 cents I am by no means trying to convice you man.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #91

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrich730
Can't wait to blow by people with Derrick Rose...Good looking on the extensive info i wish it was me...Congrats
This is something I can't wait to try out for myself. It actually seemed easier to ME to get to the rack with Derrick than say Chauncy...

Live 10 appears to do so many little things like that were your asking youself man is that real.. If you know what I mean. There is so much variation between how each player feels and plays that it will take awhile to "figure out" things like that.

Game was very very organic. I never felt like I had it figured out. Now truthfully I switched to a bunch of different teams and played many different opponents so maybe if you get the game and just play as one team vs one other team you will be able to get the game figured out. hope that makes sense. I actually can't wait until you guys get the demo.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 26

czar, are you allowed to answer gameplay questions yet?

I want to know how the shots felt. Different arcs? Balls rattling in? Bouncing around the rim etc.?

Were you able to use the freestyle passing effectively? Did it feel natural or was it too flashy?

Did you see the Triangle offense in action?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #93

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD2084
this article sounds so good it makes me want to cry...I have waited so long for EA to bring Live back to it's greatness and from what I am reading and seeing they are getting that swag back.
swag is def back man. Just the sheer amount of jerseys and shoes and the new menu's all have a certain flavor. Its like they brought back that live 05 type flavor.

Visually I know i won't tire of this game. The player models to me (i'm no player model expert) are 10 times better than last year. when the game loads up I got that old excited feeling. It felt good and if nothing else the game was just flat fun to play. I think its all the variations.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #94
Rookie

brs2305's Arena

OVR: 7

HA! I am glad to hear that my short demo impressions haven't fooled me. Did you see anything about Dynamic Season Mode since you played the final version? Well I guess even if, you probably wouldn't be allowed to talk about it. However superb write-up. Love reading your stuff...

and congratulations...!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 30
Czar - See, I JUST posted a comment or 2 in recent days about how the difference for Live 10 could the controls AND DNA/365 because we can get a good feel of how the game looks and animates by all the vids which is pretty damn good and you just CONFIRMED it.

No hate toward 2K but this game sounds like BASKETBALL and I had already thought that Live had a better control scheme and felt more like basketball as well as the play calling and other things although it lacked in animations, details and presentation but now EA is taking ish to a whole nuva level!! I am beyond siked for this game, now, as it already had me more interested than 2K's offering, this year. Next Thursday seems mile and miles away.

Great write up, Czar and you really sounded like you were keeping it real. Like someone said, it was as if I could hear your voice saying the words instead of me reading them. Nice...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #96

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Great read! Everytime I read a word of it, I can just hear Czar's slow voice after each letter....I wanted to start laughing that I had that stuck in my membranes..

Overall enjoyed this write up, great news and info and entertaining!
Bshadows YOU... YOU are going to LOVE this game man. After all the lives you played that I thought were almost unplayable your in for a treat man !!!

if your a fan of the live series. This is the one to play. If you thought live 09 had any redeeming merit This is the live to play. (remember I am talking about fans here. Not that they will like anything. that is not what I'm saying. Just if your a fan you will really enjoy the effort put forth this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »