Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Exclusive Gameplay Developer Diary

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Exclusive Gameplay Developer Diary within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-31-2009, 11:09 PM   #113
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Exclusive Gameplay Developer Diary

Unless the demo is a major letdown EA has got my money for this years game.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:09 PM   #114
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
not true. Most athletic players can shoot while they're moving without planting their feet and "squaring up" (kobe, etc.). you don't have to come to a complete stop and plant both feet before you shoot. players shoot in rythm and shoot while moving all the time. That is what is great about Live's shooting - you can actually pull off these quick "moving jumpers", as opposed to 2k's sluggish shooting where you have to wait an eternity for the player to stop, plant his feet, square up, and shoot a slow jumper. Live's ability to shoot quick, moving jumpers is the way to go - much more responsive, and satisfying -and more realistic.

the idea that every jumper must be a slow, both-feet-planted "square up" jumper is a myth started by the 2k community to justify sluggish animations. Sorry, but real NBA players shoot on the move all the time (fades, moving right, moving left, off balance, off one leg, etc.). In fact, many athetic players (kobe for example) shoot moving shots more often than they shoot stand-still "squared up" jumpers.
I should have been more specific. The ANIMATION when Stucky runs to the ball and shoots, the animation between catching and shooting is lacking a point where the player bends his knees to jump into a jumpshot, hes just automatically in the air.

Watch the video again, Stucky, Pistons, jump shot.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:14 PM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 6

This game is shaping up to be the real deal. I'm so in love with the gameplay that i forget features exist. Imagine when we do get them?

Come October 6th, it will be pretty damn fun to have a few friends over and play a little playoff. Especially when it's a game no one has played before. There will be many ohhhs and ahhhs. There will be the Damn son did you see that? and the other guy will be like shut up man i'm right here of course i can see it.

Then the classic... aww **** where you at son?!?!?! GET OFF ME!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 11:21 PM   #116
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm968
This game is shaping up to be the real deal. I'm so in love with the gameplay that i forget features exist. Imagine when we do get them?

Come October 6th, it will be pretty damn fun to have a few friends over and play a little playoff. Especially when it's a game no one has played before. There will be many ohhhs and ahhhs. There will be the Damn son did you see that? and the other guy will be like shut up man i'm right here of course i can see it.

Then the classic... aww **** where you at son?!?!?! GET OFF ME!
Yea man that is a classic... and my personal favorite from my brother..... " Get at me Son... Get at me...KOBE!!!! is unstoppable What you saying now boy...whatchu saying now".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter
Old 08-31-2009, 11:23 PM   #117
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Lovin' the KG & Dwight's throwdown! That's really nice!
Old 08-31-2009, 11:26 PM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225
Yea man that is a classic... and my personal favorite from my brother..... " Get at me Son... Get at me...KOBE!!!! is unstoppable What you saying now boy...whatchu saying now".
LMAO. Definitely. And then if it's the CAVS against LA it becomes a discussion of whether Kobe is better than Lebron or not. Then both people try to prove it through the game, LMAO. One guy will be like see that's what kobe will do to Lebron, the other guy will be like man you know Kobe can't jump like Lebron.

Or you can Just randomly yell out the superstar's name like Barkley does when he says GINOBILI!!
Old 08-31-2009, 11:30 PM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 10 Developer Diary

Sick! very impressive
Old 08-31-2009, 11:34 PM   #120
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Damn...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »