Home

NBA 2K10: Bound for Greatness? (ESPN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Bound for Greatness? (ESPN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-31-2009, 08:14 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 30
Re: ESPN Previews NBA 2K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRice
Wish we could see this stuff in action instead of reading it.
My sentiments exactly but what I haven't read before is how you'll be able to roll the ball up the court when trying to preserve clock on an inbound. Nice touch.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:19 PM   #58
MVP

Re: NBA 2K10: Bound for Greatness? (ESPN)

Also, anyone hear anything on when the demo drops? I know the PSN gets the combine this week, finally, but it's not the same. Any word?
Old 08-31-2009, 08:20 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Not to rain on your parade, but my guess is that that 2K10 is probably not going to be for you because the speed will probably be a lot slower than 2K9. The foot planting and weight will probably be even more of a factor than ever.

Most sports developers are going in the direction of having authenticity be the source of the fun factor, instead of lightning fast, twitch based, User control always outweighing the players skill set, governing gameplay. I for one am glad that is the case.
you are right about reptile and by doing games the sim way (wich I like most too), this approach opens another nich or window of potential profits in terms of games like BIGS and STREET that focus prominently on the "fun" factor.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 08-31-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:23 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Not to rain on your parade, but my guess is that that 2K10 is probably not going to be for you because the speed will probably be a lot slower than 2K9. The foot planting and weight will probably be even more of a factor than ever.

Most sports developers are going in the direction of having authenticity be the source of the fun factor, instead of lightning fast, twitch based, User control always outweighing the players skill set, governing gameplay. I for one am glad that is the case.
That's where the problem lie...because i am ABSOLUTELY certain that they can create a game that run fast like 2K7 and still maintain the physics weight factor whatever they want to throw in and for whatever reason they're not doing that. I don't know if i say this correctly but i do feel that 2k7 speed is more real and i don't feel the speed of 2k8 and 2k9 even as some claim it's fast. I don't know if it have to do with the dimension of the court or the size or whatever...i am just not feeling the speed. And i mean seriously, if you go watch a REAL NBA game right now in real full motion video and then come back and watch 2k8 and 2k9...the speed is not even close...it's more like 2k7. Maybe i guess 2k7 is easy to control the player and pretty much do whatever you want with him?? It's more quicker to move here and there...like you want it. 2k8 and 2k9, you're not feeling that at all......sorry!
Old 08-31-2009, 08:34 PM   #61
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
This sounds good, and I trust Jon Robinson a lot more than most other sports game reviewers. I was happy that he mentioned how nice the halfcourt movement is.. too bad he didn't mention anything about the help defense really, since that was the primary concern Chase voiced on the build he played. Glad to see a very positive review on a more recent build though. Wait and see, wait and see.
Quote:
I was amazed at how everything from the player spacing to the defensive rotations and the way inside shots are contested

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 08:34 PM   #62
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

I don't even remember 2k7s speed but then again I don't remember much of 2k7....I for one love the new game speed for 2k10!
Old 08-31-2009, 08:38 PM   #63
MVP

XenoZograscope's Arena

OVR: 15

The article was nice, lets just hope everything we read in previous weeks stay true to its word once the game drops. Im just waiting for some visual proof and not word of mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD OF LIFE
idc what you think man, only god can jude me.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:45 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Aint no point brotha, dude is a lame with an agenda. Every single time he posts about 2k, he has to mention something about Live's defensive rotations, no matter what the subject is, it always ends up at 2k not having good rotations in 2k9. Every post I have read from dude, he is saying the same thing over and over again, OK, we get it, you love Live cause of its defensive rotations, nevermind the fact that he cant argue about anything other than that. Dude will hold onto the defensive rotation arguement until it is shown to be right, so I gess we have to deal with it and then rub it in when 2k shows that EVERYTHING is fixed on the defensive side.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »