Home

NBA Live 10 Q&A: Round Two

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Q&A: Round Two within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-31-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA Live 10 Q&A: Round Two

"The best thing about this year’s plays, however, is that they’re TRULY authentic. In the past, we derived our plays from watching games or looking up stuff on the web. For Live 10, we partnered with actual NBA coaches and scouts to get REAL plays. I can’t stress enough how unprecedented this is. When I first laid my eyes on the playbooks when they were sent to the office, my jaw dropped. Really amazing stuff."

This is TRUELY unprecedented as Mike said.

I love the 2k series man but, if they do not incorporate real playbooks this year OR something VERY close to it.......It's Live10 all the way for me this year.

I only play against the AI and for me..... authenic playsets for every team is a REALLY big deal.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:53 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
ITS ABOUT TIME SOME HARD WORK WAS PUT IN TO MAKE LIVE A (MUST GET GAME THIS YEAR)
Old 08-31-2009, 07:54 PM   #11
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
"The best thing about this year’s plays, however, is that they’re TRULY authentic. In the past, we derived our plays from watching games or looking up stuff on the web. For Live 10, we partnered with actual NBA coaches and scouts to get REAL plays. I can’t stress enough how unprecedented this is. When I first laid my eyes on the playbooks when they were sent to the office, my jaw dropped. Really amazing stuff."

This is TRUELY unprecedented as Mike said.

I love the 2k series man but, if they do not incorporate real playbooks this year OR something VERY close to it.......It's Live10 all the way for me this year.

I only play against the AI and for me..... authenic playsets for every team is a REALLY big deal.
Believe it or not that might make a difference in the long haul with THIS game as opposed to 09 along with the improvements, if the AI is implemented correctly.

It could mean alot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 08:10 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6
I havent been this excited for NBA Live since the 'next gen' 06 game! I can't wait for this, NBA 2K doesn't have a chance!
Old 08-31-2009, 08:23 PM   #13
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7
good to know that skippin thing is goin to be fixed lol
Old 08-31-2009, 08:41 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 30
I have to admit that I am much more excited about what EA is doing with Live 10 than what 2K is doing with 2K10...but at the end of the day, that's not going to matter once I get my hands on those demos. The real decision comes then but what makes me excited about Live 10, more than anything, is the level of control plus DNA/365. I always liked Live's control better although the responsiveness was pretty weak. The control scheme just feels more like basketball to me and the fact that 365/DNA can update so many facets of the game is beyond hot.
Now, the anticipation about Live is whether or not the gameplay is finally fixed. So many aspects of it was flawed but I still dig the Live 09 demo since I went with 2K9, only, last year. Couldn't actually enjoy the 365/DNA through the demo, but, I kinda dug many things about it.

For me, personally, I want Live 10 to completely woo me enough to save another $60 purchase of 2K10 but, like I said, at the end of the day it won't matter after playing the demos. One, the other, or both may get my $$$
Old 08-31-2009, 08:55 PM   #15
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

What the authentic playbooks thing means though is that you're going to have to defend teams and figure how to stop guys just like the real NBA teams do... The high pick and roll by the Spurs is going to rack your brains and then you'll have an appreciation for defensive schemes in the league
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 09:33 PM   #16
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18

This was a great read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »