Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 01:38 PM   #393
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Overall, I'm impressed with the video. The game isn't going to be perfect, I'm still amazed at the progress that was made in a 1 year cycle.
Yup. I'm as excited as anybody else, but people have to have realistic expectations. Luckily for me, at the end of the day I know I'm playing a video game of basketball, and so my expectations are realistic. I don't let some minor sliding, or a block or two with the forearm, or wrong color arm sleeve for ray allen, or minor things here and there ruin the experience. People like to throw "gamekiller" around too much, heh. OMG the net splashed the wrong way!!!!! OMG KG bent his knees too much!!! OMG OMG!! Coach Nelson looks 20 pounds skinnier!!! OMG the jersey font is slightly off!!!!

Live 09 was solid overall, and Live 10 is looking better in every facet of the game.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:39 PM   #394
Banned

OVR: 22
i don't mind reading the comments when it's something that's clearly a problem, like the very little bit of sliding which i can deal wit especially on defense because you don't really plant your feet hard unless u just got shook out of your boots and your trying to recover, but the little nitpicking clogs the room and keeps people from talking about the things that should be added or taken away. the one thing i would love to see is the on contact dunks as well as the of ones that are already there. i do like the fact that when a guy goes up to dunk sometimes the defender jumps and it looks as if he has the oh **** why did i jump syndrome and somewhat holds himself back, i love the player models especially close up the models and skin texure looks very close to real skin. good job on using the fight night tech to pull that off. my brother was a non believer as well then when i showed him this vid he said it looked like a live broadcast, and now along with me he can't wait to rekindle those days when we used to play live (live 98 that is)religiously. the speed seems about right if u watch alot a basketball especially teams that are real aggressive like the warriors or the rockets when mcgrady is healthy they seem to move a more uptempo speed than other teams.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:42 PM   #395
MVP

OVR: 34
i have a Bro-Crush on Mike Wang. He's restored the love I had for this series, once upon a time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 02:50 PM   #396
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic24
but the little nitpicking clogs the room and keeps people from talking about the things that should be added or taken away.
Nitpicking is what got Live to this point.

All nitpicking is important. If someone doesn't like Garnett's dunk, then he doesn't like it. He has the right to say, "Garnett doesn't dunk like that." It just means that perhaps the Live team needs to work on adding more dunk packages for player types. Which by the way was not a part of basketball games five years ago. Nitpicking got both major developers to finally look into it.

What really clogs the thread is arguments and the "other" game bashing posts.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 08-31-2009, 03:09 PM   #397
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
Nitpicking is what got Live to this point.

All nitpicking is important. If someone doesn't like Garnett's dunk, then he doesn't like it. He has the right to say, "Garnett doesn't dunk like that." It just means that perhaps the Live team needs to work on adding more dunk packages for player types. Which by the way was not a part of basketball games five years ago. Nitpicking got both major developers to finally look into it.

What really clogs the thread is arguments and the "other" game bashing posts.

Clear thought out posts makes the cut not silly nit picks like there are too many backboard layups (when in fact the last version had none) and then saying a guys feet should be lined up with the floor.

yes its one mans opinion but not one shared by the majority and one I dont think is something that will ruin the gameplay like something such as doing Dominique windmills out of context left handed.

Im all for adding tons of contextual dunks and layups and whatever else they can get in the game, but pointing out some garbage and ignoring everything else we've seen as far as improvements are concerned is just blah.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:23 PM   #398
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im all for adding tons of contextual dunks and layups and whatever else they can get in the game, but pointing out some garbage and ignoring everything else we've seen as far as improvements are concerned is just blah.
I don't do that.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:38 PM   #399
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
I don't do that.
And 23 has shown us how too summon Ray...
Old 08-31-2009, 03:46 PM   #400
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

Count me in as impressed. There are some really good things in the vid. If I get Live, the first thing I'm shutting off is that cut cam though lol. It might take them another year to get the animations to my liking, but the controls from 09 (if it hasn't gotten worse) more than make up for it for now.

I do wonder how the post game works. IMO, it looks better in this vid than it did in that rookie video a while back.

Good work, definately considering a purchase depending on the demos.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »