Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 11:24 AM   #385
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
hell no, Frazier is so annoying to listen to. His catch phrases are so corny and overdone. Him and John Sterling are 2 of the most annoying people to listen to do a game. Sterling doing the Yankees is terrible, worst radio guy ever. You have no idea what the score or inning is if you turn it on since he only gives that info at the end or beginning of the inning. Frazier is just so annoying to listen to. They both have their corny catch phrases.

yea but Kerr isn't a color guy anymore since he's with the Suns organization so why would you still have him in the game doing commentary? That really doesnt make much sense to me.
Steve Kerr is still under contract.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 11:25 AM   #386
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
i'm 24, i dont believe thats too old to be playing games. I also enjoyed The Show, enjoyed NCAA 10, thought Madden was boring (although its technically a good game just doesnt have much replay or fun factor), and in the past ive really enjoyed the NBA 2k game. If anything ive usually leaned towards the EA games except now baseball there is no EA game and the Show is head and shoulders above the rest. I was always a Live player until i tried out 2k one year and realized that it was much better than Live.

I dont come here to troll. I come here to get more info on the new Live game and see if its worth getting this year. Just because someone has something negative to say doesnt mean they have an agenda or are a 2k fanboy or an EA *****. Just like you can display your pleasure with the game, people have the right to display their dislike with how the game looks.

I havent seen 2k gameplay vids so right now my decision still isnt made on which game to get which is why i go to both threads to get the info to help make a decision. But from what i saw in the Live gameplay, if 2k is even a little bit improved on last year then i think i'm going to have to give it the nod again. I dont care what the brand is, i just want to buy the best game.

If you enjoy Live and love it and want to get it then good for you, i'm happy that you'll be able to play a game you enjoy. I dont understand why people always turn it into a brand vs brand battle. Some people are just honestly looking for the best game and theres different strokes for different folks.
Very well said. I echo those sentiments.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:56 AM   #387
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
That's the biggest thing that stands out this year. The majority of the complaints are nitpicks.

Remember back to any previous year and we were all discussing major flaws. I can't see any of that this year.

Can't wait for this to drop.
Agreed. Basically, that's the point of my nitpicking rant on the Garnett movement and the pass reception animation.

They are nitpicks that don't necessarily affect the enjoyment of the game. When those things are my complaint, things are going good for the game.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 08-31-2009, 11:59 AM   #388
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
i'm 24, i dont believe thats too old to be playing games. I also enjoyed The Show, enjoyed NCAA 10, thought Madden was boring (although its technically a good game just doesnt have much replay or fun factor), and in the past ive really enjoyed the NBA 2k game. If anything ive usually leaned towards the EA games except now baseball there is no EA game and the Show is head and shoulders above the rest. I was always a Live player until i tried out 2k one year and realized that it was much better than Live.

I dont come here to troll. I come here to get more info on the new Live game and see if its worth getting this year. Just because someone has something negative to say doesnt mean they have an agenda or are a 2k fanboy or an EA *****. Just like you can display your pleasure with the game, people have the right to display their dislike with how the game looks.

I havent seen 2k gameplay vids so right now my decision still isnt made on which game to get which is why i go to both threads to get the info to help make a decision. But from what i saw in the Live gameplay, if 2k is even a little bit improved on last year then i think i'm going to have to give it the nod again. I dont care what the brand is, i just want to buy the best game.

If you enjoy Live and love it and want to get it then good for you, i'm happy that you'll be able to play a game you enjoy. I dont understand why people always turn it into a brand vs brand battle. Some people are just honestly looking for the best game and theres different strokes for different folks.
Heh, I'm the opposite. I think 2k needs to improve A LOT (and even that is an understatement) for me to consider it again. And that's not even taking into consideration all the improvements Live 10 is looking to deliver.

Going by this video alone, I can't wait to play the demo.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:28 PM   #389
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah I think I'm gonna take a break from this site to much nonsense, and i don't see it getting better when both of these games drop watch out for my live and 2k10 highlight mix.

Loved the Paul Pierce shot.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:29 PM   #390
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:

If it doesnt apply to you dont get offended. This isnt about talking being negative...but the ones who im talking to know exactly who they are.

My money goes on whatever I want so I could give a rats behind about the likes and dislikes of some of these people and that goes for both games.

..but lets keep it all in perspective and give the devs the things that are really wrong instead of crying for weeks about parallel projection of feet and too backboard layups.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:21 PM   #391
GOAT

Melman's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm really loving the "New" look to NBA live 10. I say new because it is new for Live. This will probably be the best Live game to date. I'm really feeling the Sig animations (pierce), (Bron Bron), and (M. Williams) in particular.

I know Live wont have tip-dunks.....thats ok since i didnt see that many in 2k9.....but seeing the tip dunks in the 2k combine made me realize what i was missing...it gave me that "Oh S*** feel....didnt see that coming feel.....Hopefully Live will have this mechanic perfected for 11'

Back to the vid'.....I Love the organ sound effect after made baskets in the "Garden" gives you that real game feel, which is what we all want. Question to Devs...are there others arenas like this that you havent mentioned before? Like in Cleveland when someone scores they all have a mix or song

On the flip side some things I did notice is that the arena sounds are not arena specific I know its not a BIG deal to many but its an "enviroment kill" for me personally. I mean dont get me wrong I love that they are even in the game....especially since 2k even hasnt put them in their game yet (but Chase or someone did say that they have MSG's organ in there for 2k10) I long for the day the devs can emulate this in the game to the TEE. This goes a long way in the presentation department. I dont wanna have the same sound effects as my rival friend that always picks the Lakers or any of my other rivals that I play against....we should have our own unique sound. Kinda goes into that home court edge Pyshicee when your playing in an arena that you just HATE, lol .I thought adding this would be easy to do thats all.

-Of the sound effects i heard for "Defense", the 1st one (originated from the Bulls back in 94'.....and now other teams use it now like the Cavs, Houston, Bulls to name a few)

-the 2nd one is used at the Spurs arena (when Moe will shoots his fall away jumpshot off the backboard)

Those are my nitpicks...

Other than that I love the way it looks, it looks like a real broadcast and its definately smoother than any live on the Next Gen.

....I really cant wait to play this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 01:29 PM   #392
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21

Overall, I'm impressed with the video. The game isn't going to be perfect, I'm still amazed at the progress that was made in a 1 year cycle.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »