Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 01:58 AM   #361

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
The gameplay in this game is looking very good and smooth. It seems EA is stepping up and shaping up to be better than 09. Looks like theres a good chance I won't be playing 2k10 this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 02:18 AM   #362
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225
Thanks for the video.....

But just from afar I can tell exactly right now the interior defense needs to be tweaked with sliders.

A defense that has KG and Knucklehead (R.W.) inside arguably two of the best ever low post defenders shouldn't have guys just going to the rack on cruise control. One of Boston's strength's defensively is their ability to rotate and bring helpside defense quickly.

I also thought the passing was kinda sloppy but that can be tweaked by reducing the INT slider.

CPU offense was running the same generic default plays from what I saw. Usually those plays consist of very little ball movement and they give you simple catch and shoot plays and a basic post up play.

But from what I read we have unlimited potential to enhance the CPU's offensive sets this year. I also think the physicality (sp)can be stepped up a bit and maybe lowering speed will result in more contact or help the game render more physical play inside.

Of course this wouldn't apply to teams such as Phoenix and Golden St but you get the idea of where I'm going with it especially for playoff type games or matchups during the season. I've seen enough of this years version that has me motivated enough to actually play it all year again which didn't happen over the past two years once the hype died down.

Oh Yeah and when will we finally hear the best voices in the business Doug Collins and Kevin Harlan do a video basketball game together for once. They should be the 2nd commentary team in this game if not the 1st since Kerr is no longer doing it and I want a change of pace to Albert for once.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-31-2009 at 02:27 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:16 AM   #363
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
guys -- you've seen 2:00 of commentary in the game, and you assume that it's all old. We did get new commentary, it talks about our storylines, and it changes.
Honestly, the commentary isn't THAT bad outside of Marv Albert's over-excited and choppy comments ("OH, able to finish-- strong-- in traffic!" as heard at 0:26 of the video). The color commentary is absolutely superb-- the play-by-play needs work, though.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:51 AM   #364
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Honestly, the commentary isn't THAT bad outside of Marv Albert's over-excited and choppy comments ("OH, able to finish-- strong-- in traffic!" as heard at 0:26 of the video). The color commentary is absolutely superb-- the play-by-play needs work, though.
Yeah, the color commentary is really nice (and the storylines will fit into that category) but the play-by-play needs some upgrades - too much dead air, and repeated lines from before.

But like stephenson said, it's just 2 mins, so we'll see..
Old 08-31-2009, 05:37 AM   #365
NBA LIVE Producer

iminurbase's Arena

OVR: 21

I will quit before allowing Collins and Harlan to be in LIVE.

Marv is still the best PBP in the biz, with Breen coming in second. Kerr was my fav color guy in his day, although I'm liking Van Gundy lately.

Collins seems to fall in love with certain players states the obvious constantly. Harlan is all show.

That said, this kind of thing is all opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 05:55 AM   #366
Pro

OVR: 11

Marv Albert's my favorite commentator so him being in Live is a plus for me
Old 08-31-2009, 07:05 AM   #367
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase

Marv is still the best PBP in the biz, with Breen coming in second. Kerr was my fav color guy in his day, although I'm liking Van Gundy lately.

Collins seems to fall in love with certain players states the obvious constantly. Harlan is all show.

Marv is the best but Breen flat out sucks. I loved when Van Gundy was owning Breen in the play offs last year. I bet when they got off the air Breen was pissed off.

Harlan>Breen any day of the week.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:06 AM   #368
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase

Breen's the man.

I don't think you guys have enough memory space (or Kleenex) to bring Collins on board. You'd have to cut out all the audio of him talking about who he coached in the past instead of talking about actual gameplay.

I think the complaint about commentary is that it sounds so dry. Not fresh anymore. Kerr is insightful. He just sounds dead. Plus, there's alot of empty space while the game is being played. Again, Breen rules.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »