Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 05:36 PM   #321
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics

Its better then him doing a damn 360. Jeez.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 05:37 PM   #322
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Lol okay man I guess I get you now it still doesnt bother me though it's not like he's incapable of doing that now.

If that was Shaq doing that then I'd have a problem because you won't see him doing ish like that.
Well, like I said, it's just about his style. If I saw Carmelo hanging on the rim after a dunk or Gasol dunking with two hands, I'd be upset too, because both of them rarely do that, even though they CAN.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #323
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

True I get what your saying man it does look off if you look at it like that, but I usually don't pay attention to stuff like that.

To me if the player is capable of it and its something they may do I'm cool. Its when you got Pau or KG doing crazy stuff like 360's or between the leg dunks where I have a problem.

That is not something I want to see at all but the dunk in the video was fair game to me.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #324
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I don't mean to speak for others, but I think a lot of this is just a little miscommunication. I don't think the KG post move is a travel per se, but there is a sort of spasm before he begins his move, which makes his whole body kind of jitter and thus it appears he's moving his feet a lot more than he should be.

Second, it looks like Ray just made the point a little more clear. Garnett jumps just fine on his dunk, just like he does in real life. But the strange thing is how his legs kick back (his left foot looks like it swings up to his butt). It looks like something a young guard may do on a breakaway.

One of the catch 22's about improving gameplay, graphics and animations to the point where they're beginning to take on a real NBA broadcast is that the small details that don't fit begin to stick out a little more than they should. It's a testimony to what Live and 2K (and maybe that other game someday) have accomplished.

I think we get greedy, but at the same time, imagine how much better it would look if KG didn't spasm before making his post move and then did a dunk that completely suites him on a rim that really responded correctly?

Or imagine if you could spill into the lane with LeBron in 2K9 and not worry that he might set his feet and do a two-footed windmill over a slew of defenders (which he truly does frequently in 2K9 but never in real life)?

There's so much great stuff going on in both games but I do not believe it means we all must chill and celebrate their greatness and play off all the small things. I think there's a line though, I just don't know exactly where it's at. All the years of constructive criticism on minute details by gamers of both NBA series have helped bring them to where they are now.

Edit: Welp, looks like everything was settled while I was typing. I guess I'm beating a dead horse.

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-30-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:01 PM   #325
Banned

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #326
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

It's cool man I get where you guys are coming from but my views on games are just a little different.

I can stomach little things like that because they don't distract me from the gameplay. Its when animations take away from the gameplay that I start to get critical.

Things like suction rebounding can become huge problems to me when they effect the game.

I have seen some of that type of stuff in clips for Live but it doesn't bother me because it's not effecting the gameplay negatively imo.

Visually it may not be all that appealing but that's not something I think about when I play you know.

I'm just thinking ok that player got the rebound but I didn't feel cheated so it was okay. I hate it when games have animations that take away control from the player.

I can settle for okay anims if I feel like I'm always in control of the outcome of each situation.

Last edited by Jano; 08-30-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #327
Banned

lol
Old 08-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #328
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14

Cannot wait 'till next Thursday!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »