Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #289
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics

I really liked the video although the game pace was fast. I like the authentic play sets and the improvments from NBA Live 09. The postives from the video are apparent such as the smooth and fluid animations, the player spacing, and the help defense. Maybe this is the year for NBA LIVE? I have not bought an NBA LIVE game since NBA LIVE 2001 for PS2.

So far it looks good, but I will wait until a few days or weeks after the game releases before I decide to buy.

Last edited by LIGHTNING; 08-30-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #290
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by left4dead
Other than Paul "Wheelchair" Pierce's sig shot, I wasn't impressed by that video at all. As previously mentioned, the players' movements are still robotic/stiff. The issue with sliding/skating is still present. The rim and net animations are unchanged as well. It appears that the majority of made shots are all 'net'....which is not realistic.

Also in the animation where Cavs SF #23 (who one day will be exposed for using PEDs) fell to the floor was way off. He didn't appear to be falling in the gameplay....then all of a sudden the cut-scene showed him on the floor. WTF.

Lastly, while the graphics and spacing look great.....the colors on the players and the jerseys are way too "cartoonish" and fake looking. Maybe it's the new lighting system, but it doesn't look right.

The demo better blow me away because from what I've seen thus far, Live10 is definitely not a day 1 purchase for me.

Sorry to hear that, too bad for you.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:42 PM   #291
Pro

OVR: 7

looks good, obvisouly ill be buyign nba 2k10, but if the nba live 10 demo is as great as it seems to eb ill be buying live too

to have two great basketball games will make my gaming year for sure, i will never be bored
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 01:43 PM   #292
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by left4dead
Other than Paul "Wheelchair" Pierce's sig shot, I wasn't impressed by that video at all. As previously mentioned, the players' movements are still robotic/stiff. The issue with sliding/skating is still present. The rim and net animations are unchanged as well. It appears that the majority of made shots are all 'net'....which is not realistic.

Also in the animation where Cavs SF #23 (who one day will be exposed for using PEDs) fell to the floor was way off. He didn't appear to be falling in the gameplay....then all of a sudden the cut-scene showed him on the floor. WTF.

Lastly, while the graphics and spacing look great.....the colors on the players and the jerseys are way too "cartoonish" and fake looking. Maybe it's the new lighting system, but it doesn't look right.

The demo better blow me away because from what I've seen thus far, Live10 is definitely not a day 1 purchase for me.
Really? May want to take another look at it. It's all gameplay, no matter how much you want to mask your dislike for it... Devs even said, you can turn off the zoom, and watch them fall from the broadcast cam.

Can't please everyone though I guess.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #293
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
That KG dunk was also too animated for me-- very un-KG like IMO. He does mostly basic (but hard) dunks
Nobody agrees?
Old 08-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #294
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Really? May want to take another look at it. It's all gameplay, no matter how much you want to mask your dislike for it... Devs even said, you can turn off the zoom, and watch them fall from the broadcast cam.

Can't please everyone though I guess.
Exactly. And you can obviously see him falling on the ground.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 08-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #295
Banned

OVR: 7

1st day purchase here! Cant wait!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #296
Pro

Aces15's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Nobody agrees?
Agreed, in the video he added a little flair to it or something, it looked a little weird. In real life he would have tried to tear the rim down with an open dunk like that. Or at least throw it down with two hands.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »