Home

Speed Kills? Can OOTP X Provide the Answer?

This is a discussion on Speed Kills? Can OOTP X Provide the Answer? within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
While I would agree that the defense in OOTP still has some modelling issue, minor one but they are there, the offense and pitching aspects are pretty darned spot on. To say that it doesn't provide a study of "real baseball" is just plain wrong.

While it might not run historical leagues perfectly it does model baseball very well.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #10
Pro

BTW GREAT ARTICLE!
Old 08-27-2009, 11:27 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 10

To be a complete article, and to sustain a further understanding of the experiment, I'd like to hear about the secondary attiributes and where they ranked. Cartainly, speed was the "A" factor but in the first three rounds, espcially, players that had stunning speed had to have a couple other attributes of signficance that would make a great deal of difference. i.e. in Round 13, if you had two RF with a 17 speed, what was the tie-breaker .. if given all things equal to your philosophy?

A secondary philosophy would do well to finish out the article and help us understand the players a bit more. In the content, I found your descriptions flimsy of the personalities. "They were fast and they could field. They put the ball in play and they ran the bases well." Well, certainly speed would fold in to these concepts like a hand in glove. What was the secondary attribute that you chose to stick to? Power? Left handers? Superior defense?

A "roundup up of Olympic Sprinters" leaves me with carboard cutouts of the chracters involved in the story and therefore, leaves me with a "fad" of an article than a "trend" or "philosophy" article.

Kudos for the attempt. Expand the characters to help us identify with the types of players in MLB they might actually be close to. If N/A, then fill in the backstory to make the characters on Team Speed more realistic and three dimensional and your readers will find the story more compelling.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #12
*ld sch**l.

lgkeeper's Arena

Great piece - nice work!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #13
Rookie

Stain, it does sound like a great idea for a dynasty journal...
Old 08-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #14
MVP

OOTP is great for dynasty type leagues, but for a single season project, you're probably better off using Strat-o-matic, DMB, or ActionPC

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »