Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 08:06 AM   #265
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
I'd say thats kinda nitpicky...
It is and I acknowledged that. The game looks great, though. I just wanted to point out new things that I can now complain about since everything else is moving in the right direction.

It's nice to know that my biggest complaint thus far is a player appearing to slide into steps during a post-up move. That's not a huge issue at all, but it's glaring to me when everything else looks good.

And really, the running pass reception animation does need to go. That one to me is extremely annoying and one of the bigger reasons users fast break too often off the inbound. There's no engine interference where there should be. A player should have to turn, stop, receive and then dribble if the ball is passed behind his back.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 08:12 AM   #266
Rookie

thesniper321's Arena

OVR: 9

Hey guys I just noticed that when lebron scored and fall there is a woman(or a man with a funny voive maybe) who screams WOOOOOOOOW

that's great

Last edited by thesniper321; 08-30-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:04 AM   #267
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
A player should have to turn, stop, receive and then dribble if the ball is passed behind his back.
Operative words are "If the ball is passed behind his back"...and even then thats the developers interpretation on the how the pass is being received. In theory though I agree with you. But in terms of fast breaking it should be more of an oppurtunity and not something you can simply do by taking the ball out after a basket and making long passes.

I personally would like to see the 1 or 2 guard always be under the FT line to receive the inbounds pass after a basket. Now in the case of fast breaks most of that usually happens off of a missed 3ptr or other type of shot.

I see what your getting at though...More halfcourt game and stop rewarding people who want to throw a halfcourt pass and try and dunk 9 outta 10 possessions
Old 08-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #268
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
I've been here reading for a long time now (don't post as much as I read) and I still think OS should implement a ban on someone as soon as they troll. Just bang, straight banned.

A lot of people purely sign up to troll which is really sad when there are genuine people who want to discuss the topic.

I loved that Garnett post move whether it was a walk or not. Like Pared said, the fact that it was AI driven has me more excited than anything the Cavs did.
The best way to handle a troll is by simply ignoring them...The mods know who they are and will quickly banish them...But each time we respond to them its really simply playing into their childish game they want to play.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #269
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
Operative words are "If the ball is passed behind his back"...and even then thats the developers interpretation on the how the pass is being received. In theory though I agree with you. But in terms of fast breaking it should be more of an oppurtunity and not something you can simply do by taking the ball out after a basket and making long passes.

I personally would like to see the 1 or 2 guard always be under the FT line to receive the inbounds pass after a basket. Now in the case of fast breaks most of that usually happens off of a missed 3ptr or other type of shot.

I see what your getting at though...More halfcourt game and stop rewarding people who want to throw a halfcourt pass and try and dunk 9 outta 10 possessions
Agreed. This is where a new animation is needed then. If the intention is to fast break then the pass should lead the receiver or go towards his left or right side. That's a simple animation fix.

Right now, the ball is behind the receiver and he catches the ball from behind his back and brings it forward in one motion without turning his body. It just looks awkward. Either you implement a system that forces the turn or you change how the pass is received in an animation.

I'd prefer the turn/stop system to limit unnecessary fast breaks. I think if the teams are running then yes, you lead the receiver. But, in a simple in bound where it's point guard receiving from forward, I don't get it.

Of course, the complication is determining when a team should be pushing. If it's under a minute (and losing) then that receiver is going to want to push the ball to score quickly. Now I'm getting into more complicated stuff because I always wanted to have the option to let the ball roll before picking it up (to not start the clock). Perhaps, more inbound options need to be looked at that could include push the ball, normal, or hold clock (roll ball).
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 08-30-2009, 11:18 AM   #270
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
Agreed. This is where a new animation is needed then. If the intention is to fast break then the pass should lead the receiver or go towards his left or right side. That's a simple animation fix.

Right now, the ball is behind the receiver and he catches the ball from behind his back and brings it forward in one motion without turning his body. It just looks awkward. Either you implement a system that forces the turn or you change how the pass is received in an animation.

I'd prefer the turn/stop system to limit unnecessary fast breaks. I think if the teams are running then yes, you lead the receiver. But, in a simple in bound where it's point guard receiving from forward, I don't get it.

Of course, the complication is determining when a team should be pushing. If it's under a minute (and losing) then that receiver is going to want to push the ball to score quickly. Now I'm getting into more complicated stuff because I always wanted to have the option to let the ball roll before picking it up (to not start the clock). Perhaps, more inbound options need to be looked at that could include push the ball, normal, or hold clock (roll ball).
I'm with you on that...I'd also like to have a "strategy option" that would allow me to get into a more "up Tempo" game if the situation calls for it...As you noted though the appropriate animations would need to be included in this sort of play
Old 08-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #271
MVP

2k players still look and move better...Live has made tremendous strides to improve but their player models r still stiff N slumped over N it looks like they're on ice......gonna be a tough choice this yr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #272
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLEGENDsince87
2k players still look and move better...Live has made tremendous strides to improve but their player models r still stiff N slumped over N it looks like they're on ice......gonna be a tough choice this yr
2k models are too big. Take this pic for example. Look at KG. Way too buffed.
KG.jpg
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »