Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #241
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225

Everything looks like I'd expect basketball to look and play like. Its been a long time since mere videos and pre-game hype have had me on the edge of my seat waiting for a game but LIVE is definately getting me pretty excited about its B-ball offering this year.

It appears that all the areas that bothered me about 09 such as rebounding, animations and player models have been vastly improved while also giving respect to the X and O's of basketball...Now if they come correct with a league feature to rival 2k I'll be very hyped...We need a league where each team has authentic NBA conferences and standings...Not like the 1 thru 30 model 2k uses.

Kudos to Live 10 for...if nothing else...delivering some serious buzz and hype for a game...Can't wait!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 07:29 PM   #242
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
His legs are moving as he pump fakes, then he takes a step before dropping the basketball as he turns off the post.

The game looks good, but it's a walk. It's mostly just animations branching together too quickly and too smoothly. When I think of weight, I think of situations like that where weight should limit movement from the user's hands. That branching animation proves that while it may, it doesn't always when it should.
I'd say thats kinda nitpicky...I mean if you really analyze a NBA [player and the steps and pivots they do in real life you could probably call a travelling violation 30%-40% a NBA player makes a move in or around the post
Old 08-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #243
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

The gameplay looks solid, commentary seemed off and repetitive. Some of cutscenes did not have a smooth transition. They came off looking weird.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:39 PM   #244
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Screw Paul Pierce!

Oh and this game is looking VERY good! Can't wait.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:54 PM   #245
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Continue to bring the 2k vs ea wars in here... there's going to be a mass celling pretty soon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #246
Rookie

OVR: 1

the arena and the court and the stands look amazing will try this year... wish 2k looked like...
Old 08-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #247
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

I've been here reading for a long time now (don't post as much as I read) and I still think OS should implement a ban on someone as soon as they troll. Just bang, straight banned.

A lot of people purely sign up to troll which is really sad when there are genuine people who want to discuss the topic.

I loved that Garnett post move whether it was a walk or not. Like Pared said, the fact that it was AI driven has me more excited than anything the Cavs did.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #248
Rookie

Zeppelin8's Arena

OVR: 8

I actually liked longer rebounds. Shots hitting back of the rim and going into the air.

The thing with blocks are horrible though - looks very similar live 09. Passing didn't look great either, but no game ever did that right.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »