Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #113
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
From my perspective you have three loose choices for these situations:

1) You make the dribble animation playout before the user's input to shoot/hopstep/etc goes into play. Here there is no travel, but there is a sense that you don't have full control or responsiveness. NBA 2K8 comes to mind.

2) You transition to the users input, resulting in a more responsive experience which can occasionally have a travel as a by product. This is what i'm assuming is going on in Live 10.

3) You transition to the users input and call a travel, training the user to not input instructions that will result in a travel. Interesting, but I don't think devs are taking that step just yet.

Also, again Live's "cuts" are not prerendered cutscenes, they are simply camera cuts. Not sure that the game would flow more smoothly without them but as you said, its likely something you can turn off if it bothers you.
Well said. I'm not sure number three (as you mentioned) would be completely legit because the move made by the player controlling LeBron was a legal move, but he was drawn into the defender with two more uncontrollable steps. The good news is it occured only once in a video clip and by no means insinuates it happens all the time. At worst, it's a small pock.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:15 PM   #114
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai2k2
Can we get a mobile version on the Youtube video working or whatever its called. Yikes!!!!... I hate having to wait til I get home to view this stuff. I'm itching over hereeeee... lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLk9G...embedded#t=120

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html
Old 08-28-2009, 11:15 PM   #115
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Eh....Not feeling the vid...

But I have to say man...EA put in work this year...although im not feeling the vid as a whole I do see MANY improvements...Hey, there is still a chance that when I actually get my hands on this my whole view can change...but im not very impressed as far as this video.

Steph, you guys keep up the good work man!!! I still plan on picking this up either way...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #116
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12
Best Pierce jumpshot I've seen to date well done EA
Old 08-28-2009, 11:41 PM   #117
Pro

OVR: 4

Looks more fluid overall. But it still looks like the movements, commentary and the presentation is still not my cup of tea. There was really weird animations going in this video and the hunched players makes it look unrealistic. I'll have to try the demo. Looks like live is making steady improvements. I'll have to see if I can actually play this one. Because live 09 demo was painful for me to finish the short game.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:47 PM   #118
Pro

OVR: 10

Thnks Blingballa but the link doesn't work either. I guess someone took it down, if it did work at one point. I'll just have to wait it seem.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:49 PM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 2

I mainly only play 2k's series, and I never liked how Live moved or looked in this gen, even last year when everybody thought Live was "back"...........

But this video was Beautiful............I'm actually impressed with everything in it .
Credit to EA for this one..........beautiful.
Keep this up I might even switch back to Live...............

Last edited by Progenitor; 08-28-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:53 PM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 4
this is a great improvement from live 09. graphics are beautiful especially the lighting. the animations look great and are smooth. but i saw a few problems. i saw sliding on defense and i saw 2 players go through each other. the rim still sounds weird and the commentary was surprisingly bad. hopefully they fix all of these problems before release. this should be a good year for basketball fans
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »