Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:23 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: NBA Live 10 Video: Cavs @ Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse81
Are there gonna have real flagrant fouls in the game? just asking
Ask David Stern.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:26 PM   #98
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Great vid. WOW. Just wow. It doesn't even look like the same game. Very good to see. I love the spacing and off ball moves. Sig moves from KG and LJames crab dribble. Just really impressed.
The only thing I still don't see are fouls being called. IMO in that last couple of seconds where LJ goes to the rim and gets his own rebound and put back there should've been a foul or something. With all that contact and no fouls that's the only thing that makes it feel like last years.

There has to be more contact fouls. Not every foul is a shooting foul when a player is trying to block the other players jump shot. When big NBA bodies are banging there has to be something called. Even if you turned up the fouls in 09 there still weren't enough fouls called.

Other than that great vid and I can't wait for the 10th!!!

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 08-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #99
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Thanks guys alot for the feedback.

Guys, this is our game. We've put ourselves out there, a very risky thing to do, and shown you our complete gameplay. We're completely confident in LIVE this year, and think it's miles ahead of LIVE 09, and, in our opinion, is officially "back." Are there things wrong? Absolutely, but we think there are way more things right than wrong.

I'm anxious for you guys to get the demo and see the many layers this game has for all of you to sink your teeth into.

Thanks again!

You guys must just scratch your heads and think "what do we have to do to please some people"

some of the feedback is just crazy...

IMO it looks great! good job
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Old 08-28-2009, 10:46 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Thanks guys alot for the feedback.

Guys, this is our game. We've put ourselves out there, a very risky thing to do, and shown you our complete gameplay. We're completely confident in LIVE this year, and think it's miles ahead of LIVE 09, and, in our opinion, is officially "back." Are there things wrong? Absolutely, but we think there are way more things right than wrong.

I'm anxious for you guys to get the demo and see the many layers this game has for all of you to sink your teeth into.

Thanks again!
Well said br0..You,Mike,Ryan has done a EXCELLENT job and people still complain about the smallest stuff..Just look at nba live 09 and see how much of a jump yall have went to..Its like a new level and yea theres flaws but goodness the overall game looks amazeing and its going to be the year of nba live 09...I was a nba 2k fan my self but when i heard about mike wang going to ea i was going to give live a chance then i heard about you and ryan doing some sick stuff pulled me more towards live. So for the people that complains how bout looking at the overall picture and see how much life like nba live 10 is compared to the real nba...Even the passing macanics is deep cause you can come off a screen and hit a jumper..NO way in h...2k has done that type of layering and mike wang was very smart to goto ea..Hes letting all his thoughts out and hes has a master team to do it with..So i wanna thank the ea team for bringing nba live 10 to us
Old 08-28-2009, 10:48 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 7
I hope every arena's music is NOT the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 10:51 PM   #102
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
I don't really feel like dissecting your argument entirely, so just know that you're basically wrong on every point you made. Nothin personal-- you just are.
To be fair, it was kind of at a funny angle. I had to watch it twice to confirm he actually fell. The first time through the cutscene of LeBron falling took me by surprise because I didn't see him in the process of falling. It was quick.

2K used to have pre-rendered cutscenes on the PS2 (including close-ups of horribly inaccurate coaches) and while you get used to them (and some prefer them for their likeness to actual games) I've found that things move much smoother in a basketball video game without them. I would bet there'd be an option to turn them off in Live. If not, I still don't think it'll be a problem.

I really liked the speed dribble animation. I saw LeBron use it in this video and I saw a guard use it in the passing video. It looks very smooth and life-like. Further, someone mentioned the smoothness of dribble-to-shoot animations and I surely see that. Those are really well done. It's a seamless transition from dribble animation to shoot animation.

It was nice to see a normal looking swish from the hands of a Cavs shooter at some point (3pt. from Williams maybe, I forgot). It still looks like the net is relatively stiff on any shot not swished perfectly. They even kind of make the dunks look a little less authoritative. The KG dunk looked like a good video game dunk, but not entirely lifelike in its contact with the rim itself.

I have seen many posters so far surrender to the idea that travelling (like LeBron's near the end) must happen in order for the user to retain control. I honestly am not entirely sure what you guys mean by that. Isn't there a way for us to have control and not have travelling like that occur?

Other small notes:
-I liked Varejao's handoff to LeBron. It was a small touch, but neat.
-The crowd looked like they were at a House of Pain concert.
-The commentary was a little spotty.
-The gameplay itself looked more than adequate.

If this was my only basketball choice, I don't think I'd be too upset. . .well actually I'd be real upset. . .I don't know why I just said I wouldn't be. But I mean, they're doing lots of things right. If I could just take a lot of these animations, the smoothness of the dribble-to-shot animations, the speed dribble animation, the retro jerseys, the shoes, the dunk contest locale, and the crowd audio and just kind of paste them onto NBA 2K, then I'd be happy.

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-28-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:53 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
To be fair, it was kind of at a funny angle. I had to watch it twice to confirm he actually fell. The first time through the cutscene of LeBron falling took me by surprise because I didn't see him in the process of falling. It was quick.

2K used to have pre-rendered cutscenes on the PS2 (including close-ups of horribly inaccurate coaches) and while you get used to them (and some prefer them for their likeness to actual games) I've found that things move much smoother in a basketball video game without them. I would bet there'd be an option to turn them off in Live. If not, I still don't think it'll be a problem.

I really liked the speed dribble animation. I saw LeBron use it in this video and I saw a guard use it in the passing video. It looks very smooth and life-like. Further, someone mentioned the smoothness of dribble-to-shoot animations and I surely see that. Those are really well done. It's a seamless transition from dribble animation to shoot animation.

It was nice to see a normal looking swish from the hands of a Cavs shooter at some point (3pt. from Williams maybe, I forgot). It still looks like the net is relatively stiff on any shot not swished perfectly. They even kind of make the dunks look a little less authoritative. The KG dunk looked like a good video game dunk, but not entirely lifelike in its contact with the rim itself.

I have seen many posters so far surrender to the idea that travelling (like LeBron's near the end) must happen in order for the user to retain control. I honestly am not entirely sure what you guys mean by that. Isn't there a way for us to have control and not have travelling like that occur?

Other small notes:
-I liked Varejao's handoff to LeBron. It was a small touch, but neat.
-The crowd looked like they were at a House of Pain concert.
-The commentary was a little spotty.
-The gameplay itself looked doable.

If this was my only basketball choice, I don't think I'd be too upset. . .well actually I'd be real upset. . .I don't know why I just said I wouldn't be. I'm still bitter about that NFL fiasco. But I mean, they're doing lots of things right. If I could just take a lot of these animations, the smoothness of the dribble-to-shot animations, the speed dribble animation, the retro jerseys, the shoes, the dunk contest locale, and the crowd audio and just kind of paste them onto NBA 2K, then I'd be happy.
Proves my point about about what i wrote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:56 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxX syntax XxX
Proves my point about about what i wrote
I can't tell if that's a complement or not?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »