Home

NBA 2K10 Kobe Bryant Signature Play Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Kobe Bryant Signature Play Trailer within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #217
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K10 Kobe Bryant Signature Play Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai2k2
Your looking at it differently. 2k is in niceee position, Yes, but they arent showing hunger. Competition wise Number 1 rated Bball game and Number 1 selling looks nice until you see the numbers for yourself. Live 09 sold 1.7 Million Copies. 2k pushed 2.0 Million Copies. Plus without Live doing number 1 ratings and sales there still a monster. Its EA!!!... Im not sure you know what type of beast 2k is playing with. Really when compition is that close you have to reinvent Bro. Not reinvent the wheel but make an existing thing more appealing by showing expansion. i.e Gatorade. Number 1 sports drink but with Vitamin Water right behind. They reinvent themselves, run the G campaign and voula!!. Same drink, but better look. Same game but upgrade the graphics and certain mechanics that dont work. 2k is great but lord knows it can be better. If this trailer doesnt look like 2k9 to you then hey, idk what to tell you. As i said, im not here to bash it or anything, nor sway anyone about anything. Just calling it spade of spade. Imma hold judgement but based on movement 2k might feel the same gameplay wise. Im going to be patient and wait for the more INDEPTH talk on gameplay instead of the "The controls have been simplified and low post is now automatic in the right situation" type fluff... You work for them, your kind of bias. I am a consumer with no strings attached. I speak as i see.

One!
Thats why they opened up the game to the Asian Market. The Chinese absolutely LOVE basketball.

They are fixing up alot of the things the players asked for. Is it going to be perfect? absolutely NOT. NO game is perfect. We all know that. There will be gripes with the game that will irk me. I know that.

We havent really seen much yet but 1 40 second or so clip of Kobe doing one of his sig moves. Thats all we have seen.

We got great information from Chase on here. MOre in depth then we have EVER seen. Plus 2K is releasing it on the PC again, with online capabilities i hear, they are also going on the psp and DS i believe? i could be wrong.

I just think that for them to be lazy about it and are not trying to push it i think is wrong.

Maybe, i am wrong? maybe you are wrong. WE dont know until we get some gameplay footage of the real game. Its incoming we all know that.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:48 PM   #218
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Where's my man Bshadows at? He aint checked in yet. I already know what he's gonna say.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-25-2009, 10:54 PM   #219
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Where's my man Bshadows at? He aint checked in yet. I already know what he's gonna say.
Nope I'm okay! I have nothing good to say about this trailer, so I'll keep quiet...For everyone enjoying good for you. Take care and peace!
Old 08-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #220
Pro

OVR: 11

yeah this trailer didn't impress me at all
Old 08-25-2009, 11:26 PM   #221
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Nope I'm okay! I have nothing good to say about this trailer, so I'll keep quiet...For everyone enjoying good for you. Take care and peace!

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 11:42 PM   #222
Banned

OVR: 2
Wink Re: NBA 2K10 Kobe Bryant Signature Play Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai2k2
Your looking at it differently. 2k is in niceee position, Yes, but they arent showing hunger. Competition wise Number 1 rated Bball game and Number 1 selling looks nice until you see the numbers for yourself. Live 09 sold 1.7 Million Copies. 2k pushed 2.0 Million Copies. Plus without Live doing number 1 ratings and sales there still a monster. Its EA!!!... Im not sure you know what type of beast 2k is playing with. Really when compition is that close you have to reinvent Bro. Not reinvent the wheel but make an existing thing more appealing by showing expansion. i.e Gatorade. Number 1 sports drink but with Vitamin Water right behind. They reinvent themselves, run the G campaign and voula!!. Same drink, but better look. Same game but upgrade the graphics and certain mechanics that dont work. 2k is great but lord knows it can be better. If this trailer doesnt look like 2k9 to you then hey, idk what to tell you. As i said, im not here to bash it or anything, nor sway anyone about anything. Just calling it spade of spade. Imma hold judgement but based on movement 2k might feel the same gameplay wise. Im going to be patient and wait for the more INDEPTH talk on gameplay instead of the "The controls have been simplified and low post is now automatic in the right situation" type fluff... You work for them, your kind of bias. I am a consumer with no strings attached. I speak as i see.

One!
damn man I agree with you one hundred percent. Why should we, as consumers dial back out expectation for a product that we pay 60 dollars annually? The fact of the matter is for the past 3 years, 2k basketball added mostly fluff every year to make it more pleasing to those who dont really play the game extensively. The game has had so many core problems in relation to animation, collision and control that they never bother to fix. In terms of control, they had it perfect in 2k6-2k7 yet they decide to completely **** it up in 2k8-2k9 and now its an added feature for the back of the box to say that the controls are more intuitive? Give me a ****ing break. Trailer looked like garbage, same crap dribbling animation, no sense of real speed/momentum when kobe takes the first step. Again 2k neglecting the gameplay and adding or in some cases back tracking and then adding it back just so they could add something new on the back of the box. I am done .
Old 08-25-2009, 11:48 PM   #223
Banned

OVR: 17

The route IS the same as EA's Live for 2 reasons...

1. They reached a high level and got either complacent or lazy and greedy. Adding polish to a game is fine but charging full price for something that is 90% the same as what loyal customers paid full price a year earlier is wrong.

I think sports games should take a similar approach to the Apple OSX Snow Leopard route... make a full game every 2 years and only charge 1/3 to 1/2 for every in between year.

2. Ironically, when Live was also the best selling and highest rated, it actually wasn't the best version of Live, but 'won' those years because it's competitor was struggling, rather than their own game stepping up a few levels.

And to answer the question of why would you rebuild a game that is already rated the best and selling the most?

Well, because you will turn into EA and become hated amongst gamers and lose fans for a year or two. 2K went from a really grateful company in terms of appreciating their customers and listening to them to a company (much like EA) where the 'minimum effort, maximum profit' slogan meant more to them than their customers.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:49 PM   #224
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailtothethief
damn man I agree with you one hundred percent. Why should we, as consumers dial back out expectation for a product that we pay 60 dollars annually? The fact of the matter is for the past 3 years, 2k basketball added mostly fluff every year to make it more pleasing to those who dont really play the game extensively. The game has had so many core problems in relation to animation, collision and control that they never bother to fix. In terms of control, they had it perfect in 2k6-2k7 yet they decide to completely **** it up in 2k8-2k9 and now its an added feature for the back of the box to say that the controls are more intuitive? Give me a ****ing break. Trailer looked like garbage, same crap dribbling animation, no sense of real speed/momentum when kobe takes the first step. Again 2k neglecting the gameplay and adding or in some cases back tracking and then adding it back just so they could add something new on the back of the box. I am done .
Peace out homie.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »