Home

NBA 2K10 Kobe Bryant Signature Play Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Kobe Bryant Signature Play Trailer within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #201
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K10 Kobe Bryant Signature Play Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
Why, in their first teaser, does their cover athlete's face look so bad? Why is the court way off?

Not to mention Kanye's amazing is one of the most annoying songs in pop culture right now simply because he has to sing low notes and use auto-tune and the melody itself is terrible.

There can't be basketball game fans that enjoyed this simply on these points.

Do I seriously have to remind people $60 is not chump change? Do I have to remind you sports game should never be $60 year after year?

Why release this teaser at all? Teasers should be the BEST marketing tools you have because like "Cloverfield" the movie teasers gave the movie crap loads of money cause they were WELL done.
They were good trailers but the movie itself was over rated and imo not very good. Therefore, what is your point?

I've seen movies that had great trailers that I thought stunk and movies that had bad or misleading trailers that turned out to be pretty good. You should not be judging the overall quality of a game/movie by a trailer imo. Now it's understandable if that trailer does not get you hype for the game but in the grand scheme of things it could never give you a full understanding of what the final product will be like.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 09:04 PM   #202
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

I liked it despite some things such as the court color. This teaser didn't pump me or anything like that but after reading the Q&A it doesn't matter to me that much the teaser
Old 08-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #203
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air_Yeezy
My whole thing is they haven't addressed one issue from last year they fixed. They just keep mentioning new stuff. What about sliding????
If you choose to ignore the information that has been given then you're going to be disappointed everytime. Chase talked about the footplanting in his preview.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #204
MVP

OVR: 30
I think the trailer is a nice little teaser. I think it was mostly to show off the new footplanting tech that Chase mentioned in his hands on preview the other day. 2K ALWAYS puts together enticing trailers, imo, showing off the canned animations.It's just when playing the actual game that question marks arise for me.
I did notice the bench players with warmups on so they are matching Live with that, this year but it doesn't seem like they got those transition animations together. I noticed Fish in one part of the vid and how he "popped" during his animation as well as a couple other folks.

Can't really go too hard on this teaser. I liked what I read in the hand-on prev but the more I think about it, the less intrigued I get about this game...maybe...
Old 08-25-2009, 09:08 PM   #205
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14

Wow, court reminds me of 2k7 with the lighting and such. not good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 09:15 PM   #206
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
If you choose to ignore the information that has been given then you're going to be disappointed everytime. Chase talked about the footplanting in his preview.
People never read. Its amazing how many people post angry and have no idea what they are talking about because they didnt read the information this this website and others provided about their specific topic.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #207
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai2k2
Not sure if i like the route 2k is going. Im trying to be optimistic but it def looks like 2k9. smh. IMHO
What route is that? the same one they been on? Why go another route?

It makes absolutely 0 business sense to scrap what they been doing for so long and starting over completely. Games like NHL and MLB had to be done. Just like Madden (needs to) and NBA Live had to start over.

When your game is the highest rated and best selling all while having competition, you dont rebuild. Its like Peyton Manning saying, ya know what, i been on the Colts for to long. ITs time to play for the Detroit Lions and see if we can turn this around. Makes 0 sense.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:30 PM   #208
Pro

OVR: 60
DAMN! That's awesome!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »