Home

NBA 2K10 Kobe Bryant Signature Play Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Kobe Bryant Signature Play Trailer within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #121
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: NBA 2K10 Kobe Bryant Signature Play Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Why do they need to start showing you anything? The game comes out in October.
Try selling a game without showing what it looks like. I bet you'll have no trouble.

If they want my $60 they know they have to show me gameplay and the more of it and the higher quality then the more money they make.

We're evolvng as sports gamers, the oooh and aaah days of buyers are over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #122
Pro

CaCHooKa Man's Arena

OVR: 6

seems like andrew bynum still looks like a dinosaur
Old 08-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #123
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

its 2010. youd think by now the court colors would be the least of their worries. ie it being a relatively simple straight forward process and theyd be masters of this process. But I guess life isnt that simple.

All I will say is, use the internet as a resource FRIEND..

flickr.com has some great shots of EVERY arena in the nba. GET THOSE COLORS right. I'd have everything perfect in 3 hours. I dont want to puff out my chest on this but with college hoops, i had only one source, the same source as everyone else, and got the job done. companies have other numerous, inherently better sources, and it just doesnt come together.

I would go check out the nba2k9 PC MOD pages with correct court color changes that other people did to get it just right. maybe seeing someone else get it right for a pc game would motivate them.

Last edited by RubenDouglas; 08-25-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:19 PM   #124
Rookie

OVR: 12
i wish that it was real gameplay footage but the move is nice....thats kobe to a t.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:19 PM   #125
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
That video did nothing for me. I hate that song. Nice move but really the play set up was simply the "cut to get open" thing instead of the triangle high post. I hope we get the real Lakers Triangle offense.

I know this video doesn't mean much but overall I am begining to think 2k didn't adjust much with the play call system. Chase said it was broke when he played and 2k seems to be going to direction of not have plays but having player tendencies dictate where players set up on the floor. That to me is disappointing. But we shall see.
Well, Chase and MC were there the same day, soo, its probably from the same build. So, ya, 2 plus 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 05:19 PM   #126
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
Try selling a game without showing what it looks like. I bet you'll have no trouble.

If they want my $60 they know they have to show me gameplay and the more of it and the higher quality then the more money they make.

We're evolvng as sports gamers, the oooh and aaah days of buyers are over.
Yep because showing a trailer in August effects sales in October. Because they dont plan to show longer videos or have IGN/Gamespot post gameplay vids. Because Steve never receives a beta copy in mid September and posts tens of videos on this site.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #127
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

What's this "WE" crap? I'm sure many here are already sold on 2k10!
Old 08-25-2009, 05:25 PM   #128
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Why do they need to start showing you anything? The game comes out in October.
Sorry, I hate that argument. I know 2K's "king of the Hill" in terms of sales and reviews based on last year, but they're acting like they don't have anything to prove. To people like me who were extremely unimpressed with 2K9, they have just as far to go as Live does in many areas (halfcourt game, playcalling, player control, tendencies, etc.).

It's not simply a matter of Live having more to do so they have to be the ones out there for 4 months showing every facet of their game including actual unedited gameplay sequences... both games should be doing that because community interaction up through the release (and after) is something that makes the games better, period. Live shows all this stuff and people can nitpick and then Marcus hops in and makes the fix (VC's headband and piddly crap like that)... Meanwhile 2K has released hardly anything (most of which was centered on the admittedly 2K9.5 Draft Combine) and has basically left us to assume that their game will improve in the main areas that it needs to but hasn't really shown any evidence of that. And any sort of constructive comments/nitpicking that comes up when we actually do get gameplay footage will only be addressed in a patch (if at all), since the game is nearly done and there simply isn't enough time to make those fixes.

Basically, I hope that both companies get on the EA train in regards to releasing early information and showing a window into the development of the game. It's very interesting and rewarding for me as a buyer who is hesitant about being burned again (both games were underwhelming for 09) to see things like revamped player movement and momentum being shown in the developer's wireframe environment. It's legitimate and meaningful interaction, not simply marketing or "ooh, a pink name responded to my post, I feel so validated!" as some people like to paint it.

Anyway, carry on.

Last edited by Stumbleweed; 08-25-2009 at 05:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »