Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Hands-On Preview within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-23-2009, 03:03 AM   #177
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Hands-On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
How is Rashard rated 85 but Vince only rated 83? averages more points and assists.

I highly doubt many people would say Rashard is a better player than Vince.
That all depends there are damn 50 ratings that factor into the overall rating.

One guy might have a higher overall Team Rating for Hustle, Off The Ball Movement, Fast Break Anticipation or Triple Threat effectiveness.

They all tie into the overall ratings in some manner. Besides you can the edit the hell out the game if your that upset with Lewis being rated 2 PT's higher than VC.

Hell for all we know VC might have lower injury rating and it knocked him down to 83

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-23-2009, 03:13 AM   #178
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
So your saying this year we can assign damn near 10-12 set plays for each team and they all have several variations to adjust to if the play breaks down?

If that is true EA might have just allowed us the golden oppurtunity to create some insane AI playbooks that will force the USER to adjust big time defensively.

If they have guys cutting back door or even plays designed to set multiple screens up high I can make this baby damn near real in terms of execution especially if the AI has any sliders or ratings that effect their awareness on offense as a team during set plays.
Lol Playmakers I knew you would be excited about the amount of plays this year.

I just hope that this years game doesn't require as many edits from you as in years past that would be a huge disappointment to me.

But by the way Steph and Mike are talking about the game I have a feeling only some minor tweaks will be needed.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:19 AM   #179
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Lol Playmakers I knew you would be excited about the amount of plays this year.

I just hope that this years game doesn't require as many edits from you as in years past that would be a huge disappointment to me.

But by the way Steph and Mike are talking about the game I have a feeling only some minor tweaks will be needed.
one edit i recommend making... move the FT difficulty slider down by 10-12 ticks when you get the game. At default, free throws are too easy unless you're sitting really far away from your TV. But for some reason, a lot of people struggle with the timing, so that's why it's set the way it is.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:24 AM   #180
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

If they finally get Shaq right this year I'll be in hoops heaven.

For once I want to see the big fella over power people inside and not shoot some soft azz jumper in the paint. I've spent the last 4 years trying to make that dude play like Shaq and nothing ever worked for his AI.

I'd also like to see the CPU switch up zones other than a 2-3 look all the time. I want to see half court traps and teams applying different types of pressure like the Nuggets who try to gamble off the ball on everything by jumping the passing lanes.

Oh yeah it'd be nice to see the AI use a guy like Josh Smith, Shawn Marion or Kenyon Martin on a back door Alley oop occasionally.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #181
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
So your saying this year we can assign damn near 10-12 set plays for each team and they all have several variations to adjust to if the play breaks down?

If that is true EA might have just allowed us the golden oppurtunity to create some insane AI playbooks that will force the USER to adjust big time defensively.

If they have guys cutting back door or even plays designed to set multiple screens up high I can make this baby damn near real in terms of execution especially if the AI has any sliders or ratings that effect their awareness on offense as a team during set plays.
See this is why I'm excited this year.

Mike Wang + Playmakers' sliders/playsets = gaming utopia

If we are somehow able to save/create playbooks for CPU teams, then it's a wrap.

I can only imagine what you're going to be able to do to this game. You turned a flawed Live '06 with like 4 plays into a franchise I was running with.

Ohhhh boy...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2009, 06:36 PM   #182
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
See this is why I'm excited this year.

Mike Wang + Playmakers' sliders/playsets = gaming utopia

If we are somehow able to save/create playbooks for CPU teams, then it's a wrap.

I can only imagine what you're going to be able to do to this game. You turned a flawed Live '06 with like 4 plays into a franchise I was running with.

Ohhhh boy...

I forgot about that and you're right, that was a freaking miracle
Old 08-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #183
Rookie

OVR: 1
nba live has gotten bettter..but they still needs some work.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:47 PM   #184
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
one edit i recommend making... move the FT difficulty slider down by 10-12 ticks when you get the game. At default, free throws are too easy unless you're sitting really far away from your TV. But for some reason, a lot of people struggle with the timing, so that's why it's set the way it is.
So FTs are going to be too easy online again??

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »