Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Hands-On Preview within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #73
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Hands-On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Well, given that they've said that each team has their authentic playsets, I assume that it's 392 including variations (the same play run for a different position). Doesn't sounds too crazy to me -- if you have 40 plays with 5 players on the floor and each one could end up with the ball, that's already 200 'plays'.

But yeah, I'd like some explanation/clarification on that too, as it's almost too good to be true. I want to know how many plays the Cavs have... I'm guessing 5.
A lot of teams run simular plays out of sets like horns or floppy(which wasn't in live last year==single double screens) so I would bet that a good majority of those plays are in everyones playbook. Would only make since.

On games I have captured and broken down I have seen 6-7 teams run the same play on occassion. just for different personnel
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 08-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #74

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225
Stick to 3rd person Czar :P
Czar thinks thats a good idea Krazy
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 08-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #75
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Haha, we really need Steve back in here to answer that one I think. Or Marcus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 12:45 PM   #76

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by apManila24
finally a midrange game. hopefully they fix the sliding and out of bounds calls. still disappointed that there is no loose ball foul calls. i cant believe it but nba live might actually close the gap on 2k sports. i need to see more from 2k though
It will be fun finding out how close they have come to closing it. Thats for sure.

Welcome to the OS apManila24 !!!!!
Old 08-21-2009, 12:46 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I'd imagine a vast majority of the 392 plays are shared with every team. Say each team has 30-40 unique variations tops.
i'm sure a lot of teams have very similar "templates" for offenses...basic motion offensive sets with various screens etc.

but i think, based on what we heard, there will be a lot of team specific plays. How deep those are and how many? we shall see.

I do know that the triangle is very complex and flexible with many options to adjust to the defense and certain matchups...
Old 08-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
you make the decision to finish to a side based on where the defender is playing you.
I wasn't speaking for who's guarding me but rather dwight Howard sitting in the paint waiting for me and getting ready to jump
Old 08-21-2009, 12:50 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 13

FYI... Steve, there are no loose balls Mike already said they weren't able to bring them in with the tons of stuff they had to fix... maybe for Live 11
Old 08-21-2009, 12:50 PM   #80
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
A lot of teams run simular plays out of sets like horns or floppy(which wasn't in live last year==single double screens) so I would bet that a good majority of those plays are in everyones playbook. Would only make since.

On games I have captured and broken down I have seen 6-7 teams run the same play on occassion. just for different personnel
Yep they sure do...thats one reason why all teams know what the other teams plays are and the games come down to execution on a given night

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »