Home

NBA Live 10 Video: Exclusive Hangar Developer Diary

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video: Exclusive Hangar Developer Diary within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #81
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Exclusive Hangar Developer Diary

It's a combination of buttons to pull off a dunk compared to a jumpshot. You should rarely, if ever have that problem. Unless you try dunking from the 3 point line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 09:52 PM   #82
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

I don't think you Lebron example will be to much of a problem because in order to attempt a dunk you need to be pushing the left stick. So I'm guessing jumpers will be something happens when the stick is stationary.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:54 PM   #83
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercymerc23
Yeah melo shoots and has a 56.5 degree right angle and they got him shootin a 47 left angle. Im not buying this game.
calm down sparky..
Old 08-17-2009, 09:56 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeking
They got Melo jumper wrong. He doesn't fade back and he shoots at the highest release point. He doesn't come down then shoot. I'm pissed at that.
Maybe it has something to do with their shooting mechanics. I saw the same thing with wade in the first part of the video. I'm guessing that happens if you hold down the shoot button a bit too long?
Old 08-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
calm down sparky..
Sarcasm buddy just sayin if thats what he got from the video. i thought the lebron dunk was sweet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 10:01 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeking
Lol. As of right now I still plan on buying. Definitely looks promising, but I can't say I'll buy the game until I at least play the demo. i just wish Melo jumper was accurate, its not bad, they got the way he shoots the ball right. Just the leaning back is wrong and the timing of the shot. Hopefully that was him shooting a fadeaway, although I doubt he'd shoot a fadeaway 3 point shot. Still the game looks very promising and I plan on buying it unless the demo disapoint.

I also think its a dumb idea to have the shooting button and the dunk button being the same. Imagine using Lebron on a fastbreak and you plan on doing one of his one handed tomahawks from far away like he does irl, and you end up shooting a jumper. That'll piss me off.
has it occured to you that he might be doing a fade away in that clip because it's user controlled?
Old 08-17-2009, 10:02 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 26

how come in ever video posted here, there has to be that one or two guys who have to complain about something, usually some random thing
Old 08-17-2009, 10:13 PM   #88
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
has it occured to you that he might be doing a fade away in that clip because it's user controlled?
Yea, then it occured to me that the producers wouldn't show him fading away at the 3 point line, in a video where they are convincing people on how realistic the game looks...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »