Home

Madden NFL 10 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #145
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 10 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
This pretty much the same review I read for last years madden, which was the bees knees until about month in...
Exactly. It's easy to give a 9 score to this game given it appears so different graphically and presentation-wide, and is impressive on that level. But some of the gameplay is flatout broken.

Last edited by baa7; 08-15-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #146
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
I dont even know if the gameplay is broken, ive just played the demo. but...
the "better presentation", "I didnt get bored with it like last years", "new fanastic animations". Its just the same old story every year.
And the single player franchise mode, where I play 99% of my sports games is so moribund its laughable.

Last edited by yamabushi; 08-30-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:10 PM   #147
Rookie

OVR: 3

LOL 9.0?!

Talk about homer scoring. "oh the fundamental game play AI's like blocking, catching, throwing and pursuit angles are broke but the game is a 9".

Seriously wtf is that.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #148
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards77
Talk about homer scoring. "oh the fundamental game play AI's like blocking, catching, throwing and pursuit angles are broke but the game is a 9".

Seriously wtf is that.
It looks like NFL 2K5 now with all the cutscenes. That's certainly worth a 9.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #149
Rookie

OVR: 6
The only big problem i have with the game is 2 things. the player ratings are terrible. Where ea tries to "stretch the ratings" is pure unrealistic. just because T.J has 96 does not mean that he must have terrible speed. They base these ratings around the best player for each position. For example Patrick Willis LB has more speed than a lot of recievers. Stewart Bradley is a Tackle Machine but since he is not as fast patrick willis his speed is low.

And the corner backs are a little TOO smart and amazing.

But other than that this game is awesome, best madden of the next gen versions.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:47 PM   #150
Rookie

OVR: 1
This is a hard read. As a reviews editor for another site, I would advise you guys to get someone to edit all of your articles. The comma usage in this article is atrocious. That may sound like nitpicking, but it interferes with your content, which is thorough and needed amongst the big game sites that neglect real sports gamers. They wouldn't publish an article with so many writing mistakes, though.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #151
Rookie

OVR: 6
There are 2 major problem with the game. One is the player ratings. It really is unrealistic. T.J Housmenzadeh(please exsuse) is a 96 catch. So just because is that amazing at catching, he has to be horrible at speed? He may not be the fastest, but LB patrick willis is faster than T.J by like 9 or 10 points, just because he is considered a fast LB? Heck, patrick is faster than many WR's. It just seems like if the ea guys think you are not as good as the best player at each of the positions, they will drop you rating like a bad habit. I know the ea guys are trying to "stretch the ratings" but this is too much. just because todd heap is not as strong of a TE as Alge Crumpler they put Todd at 60 strength. Come on!

The other problem I have with the game is tht the CB's seem to be ahead of the wr's too often. The cb's in the game are TOO smart.

Other than that this game is the best Madden in the next gen series.
8.5/10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #152
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22

The crowd looks horrible in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »