Home

NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video (Slam Online)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video (Slam Online) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #121
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Slam Online : Exclusive NBA Live 10 Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
It's unrealistic to make his eyebrows darker and have a five o'clock shadow?

I'm willing to bet that if VC saw himself in Live, he would be "ohhh sweet look at that" instead of "man they messed up my eyebrows", lol. Dwight Howard seemed to genuinely love his virtual representation. I think if NBA players saw us nitpicking details about them they would get a chuckle out of it, in my opinion of course.

Again, I'm not singling you out or trying to be a jerk, just want people to chill out with the nitpicking. The devs showed us a sweet video, yet a lot of us are trying hard to not enjoy it for what it is but spend all our time looking for faults or anything to complain about. As somebody has already said, EA can show a real portrait of an NBA player and people would still nitpick it and saying how off his features look.

Look at the other thread. They showed us dribbling moves yet there's people complaining about everything else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #122
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Slam Online : Exclusive NBA Live 10 Video

Which is why I asked Marcus or someone else to confirm if it was an older build or what? That picture is better, I agree with that. It's safe to say though, that you don't see the darker facial hair in the new video screen though, not sure why that is. Thus, why I asked someone to talk about it.

I'm not complaining about the vids at all, overall I think they're awesome. Just something I noticed and stands out to me due to me following certain players very closely.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:27 AM   #123
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video (Slam Online)

Fair enough.

And for the record I am partially color blind (not joking)
Old 08-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #124
Rookie

OVR: 4

Anyone else noticed that LBJ's facial hair in the video is different from the first screenshot that was released? Anyway, good video. I also noticed that you changed the color of melo's accessories with those throwbacks and the font color for the names Great work!
Old 08-14-2009, 09:12 PM   #125
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

I have to say that Live is looking wonderful seriously. I'm impressed with the little things that you guys are cleaning up. I do have a question. Is the foot planting still apart of the game for both the offensive and defensive ends of the court?? Saw slight sliding which isn't a killer. Just hate that sliding could open up cans during the gameplay. Know how that worked out for 2K9 in the sim department.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 12:04 PM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 12
Decent video and all, but I can't get excited over sneakers and pre-game rituals (which we will see for all of 20 seconds each game) If they don't improve gameplay, all of those things will be pointless.

you don't have to be excited over that stuff...but what what you fail to realize is that having all the right shoes and throwbacks and the pre-game rituals makes the game more authentic. Don't they do rituals in real life and have all the throwbacks?? Why wouldn't someone want that stuff in the game?? IMO im glad that live finally got this stuff in the game cause looking at the same jerseys every game gets boring and not seeing the right stuff on players is aggravating too. It just takes that nba look and feel away to me.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:57 PM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 6

Did anyone else notice Courtney Lee wearing a face mask?
Old 08-17-2009, 01:39 AM   #128
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunqlao
Did anyone else notice Courtney Lee wearing a face mask?
Yesszir.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »