Home

NBA Live 10 Blog: So Amazing

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Blog: So Amazing within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-15-2009, 03:36 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 10 Blog: So Amazing

When you guys that nitpick so much IRL go to play real game, do you just care about which shoes you wear, how your jersey looks etc.? Or do you actually care about not knowing how to shoot or even dribble? I guess you don't .
2k and EA have different approaches to the bball, but as long as the core game will be real ball as much as possible, well both games will deserve my money and time. And this year I think both will really be worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 06:09 AM   #106
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

well no amount of nit picking will damper my excitement for live10... looks fantastic
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Old 08-15-2009, 08:30 AM   #107
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
well no amount of nit picking will damper my excitement for live10... looks fantastic

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-15-2009, 11:20 AM   #108
Pro

OVR: 60
Looking good!
Old 08-15-2009, 11:37 AM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
The question I have is why has it taken almost 5 years for EA to make a game that looks somewhat like real basketball. This is next gen and the Xbox360 came out in what...2005!!! There really is no excuse for it.

The videos that ea are posting are definitely an improvement, but I'm not impressed. I expected it. They had no choice...It's been 5 yrs into the life of next gen. But from the videos you can tell besides the new size up and hustle animations the game will have the same feel. The block shot animations and lay up animations need to be improved and I'm sure it will be in live 11. But why are they so far behind?

Live has never been worth $60 bucks and this year's installment looks to be closer to really looking like a next gen game. However no one will know until we play the demo and feel how it plays. I can't get excited about SCRIPTED gameplay vidoes sorry.

The graphics are improved from last year also but they look too cartoonish. Really not very appealing to my eyes, but it looks better than live 09. But there is no excuse for stealing ppls money in the past with that crap they marketed as basketball and wasn't. Xbox and PS3 are too powerful for the limitations of live's past titles. Where's the work. Where was the effort to give the consumer a realistic basketball experience? Their past titles tells me that they really didn't care. Now it seems like they do, but they don't deserve a pat on the back because...IT'S BEEN 5 YEARS IN TO THE NEXT GEN'S LIFE. Pathetic.

BTW...why would anyone buy 2 basketball games every year, especially when 1 is so much more inferior to the other. That's borderline ********. More often than not the games don't hold a lot of replay value when the new one comes out anyway.
you sound like a ******...
Old 08-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #110
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
This will be my last post so you don't have to worry about me. I just wanted to express MY OPINION on NBA Live. I'm far from a troll. I only posted 1 time. But anyway...I have played every live also. My 1st EA game was lakers vs. celtics and bulls vs. blazers etc.

This is the way I feel about live and I know the devs of the gm read these things and their are a lot of ppl who were loyal to EA that feel the same way I do. They need to hear it. I think I have a right to GIVE MY OPINION being that this is a free country. I must of hit a nerve, cuz you buy both games every year. LOL. It doesn't make sense to me, cuz I don't practice wasting money on inferior sports video games. Makes more sense to buy which one you think is better or more to your liking. And every since live 2001/PS2, live has always been inferior and has been behind in realism and gameplay. It takes them 3-5 years to "get it". And that is MY OPINION ALSO.

I'm done. You won't hear from me again. Good night to you sir. LOL.
Magic welcome to the OS man ! Don't let the gentlemens run you off so quickly . If you like hoops the forums should be a blast this year. I know ... your upset as most of us had been, with the effort or apparent lack thereof in past live's . Don't let what happened in the past keep you from playing what looks to be one heck of a game this year. New team new focus new direction.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 08-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #111
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
I've been saying on my last 2 posts that we are taking nitpicking to another level these last few days...but the Orlando Magic jersey error got me kinda disapointed.

I still think we are in for a treat this year since the game seems poised to turn thing around. But c'mon guys, it's the jersey of you cover athlete. It can't contain mistakes.

Marcus, tell us there's time to fix this before the game ships (sorry, couldn't control myself, last nitpick LOL).
Don't hold me to it until I ask Santos again, but I think we did the font based on the reference the NBA sent us. I THINK this might be their font for this upcoming season. Also, your Nuggets uni question -- we only have the ability to have one font per jersey (that includes color). That Nuggets jersey has different colors for the numbers on the front and back, we're not able to do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #112
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Don't hold me to it until I ask Santos again, but I think we did the font based on the reference the NBA sent us. I THINK this might be their font for this upcoming season. Also, your Nuggets uni question -- we only have the ability to have one font per jersey (that includes color). That Nuggets jersey has different colors for the numbers on the front and back, we're not able to do that.
Good thing not many teams had different colors for the numbers on the front and back. That Nuggets Throwback you've been showing us is probably the only one

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »